Line Lock Question

-

RobbAdams

Reaction score
I have never raced a car on the strip before, so please bear with my ignorance.

I am putting in a front disk KH Set up in my 66 barracuda, and thought that I might as well put in a Line Lock at the same time for "Track Days" The guy who is doing my brake setup for me asked how I wanted the line lock set up. I have never had on before, so I thought I would gather some opinions. Car is a 360 SB with an auto tranny (Still Debating between the 904 and 727, I have both) the options he gave me included the following:

-a 4X4 type setup that installs a lever/valve next to my seat
-an electronic Type with a button (He says they are not reliable)
-a Line lock that is built into the proportioning Valve that you engage by pressing the brakes all the way to the bottom, and release by tapping on the brake?

Also do you use a line lock that uses the line lock to :
-Lock the front brakes in a Clamped position
-Block the rear Brakes from Engageing, and modulate the front Brakes with the peddle

I have the electronic button type that locks the front brakes on. I have had no problems at all with it and it holds the car just fine. It is a TCI brand.

Jack

My previous duster i was using the Hurst with a button mounted on the floor shifter,you can also mount the button on the steering wheel ..it never failed me,and another good thing about the Hurst is they're rebuildable...you want to lock the front brakes,so the rears spin to heat the tires up,but i've heard of people setting it up to lock the rears,so they can stage the car at the line,i prefer to just footbrake it...

Got a Hurst line lock on the Duster. I use it the orignal
way. Holds the pressure on the front brakes. Hit the brakes,
push the button an hold. Keeps the pressure on thr fronts to
hold them on. This is the normal way to set it up. Works for
me. Have had this set up style on three different cars. WORKS.

Same here. Never had any problem with the switch. Had the same switch for 14 years. My wife bought me the T-handle with the built in switch for Chrismas and that went in. Old switch still good though.

Fred B

i agree... i have the same set up on my car, just press the brakes and turn on the switch then do a burn out

I've set mine up the same on the front brakes, foot brake to set and I used the horn ring to activate the solenoid. I haven't been able to play with it yet though.

-
Back