little bit of progress today

-

sweatybetty

Reaction score
finally got my hood sanded and buffed today. got a buddy to come over and help hold the hood while i bolted it on. what do you guys think?
all you early a body guys should be able to spot this right away....whats missing in the pic with the hood up? first right answer gets a brownie button!!

P7150001.JPG

P7150002.JPG

P7150003.JPG

I haven't had an early a for 20 years but I'm thinking the hood torsion bars are missing. Do I get the brownie button? Is that the hood scoop from MAS you told me about in the other thread? Oh and that is one heck of a great looking car!!!!!
Bob

thanks everyone. gerty wins. i didnt think it would be that obvious.
gerty, yes thats the mas scoop. ive read some bad things about them but im happy with the scoop and their service.
mullinax95, i wish i could fit a hemi in there!

That's awesome. How do I get rid of my torsion springs on my 66 Vert? Car looks pink on my computer. I remember it was red. Looks like a good spot for the hydraulic clutch reservoir.

if that is pink, that matches the girl out here in berkeley who had a 66 cuda that was a playboy mansion car. the real deal. my girlfriends stude is hot pink as well.

if its red, then disregard all info above.

sweattybetty, I'll be watching the mail for my prize, I can't hardly wait!!! Thanks for the scoop tips.
Bob

hey guys, IT AINT PINK. hahaha. my camera and the lighting made it look funny. as far as the hood, i grafted the springs off a 70 duster to the original hinges. didnt want the bars in the way of the bigblock! i dont think i can take pics of them now but ill give it a try.
heres a better pic of the red

new wheels.JPG

-
Back