little legal issue with that lights

-

moparman96

Reaction score
I have a 74 duster and I love it, but every time i drive it some where the law stops me and gives me a warning for not using my turn signal. All of my turn signals work properly they just arent very bright. I use them every where i go but ive come to find out that when im on the brake light sitting at a stop light or even when my lights are on you cant see them at all front or back. there just to dim but the function the way they should. I dont know what to do about this i have no idea what is causing it either. i have changes all the bulbs and put in new fuses, i just dont know what to do anymore. i want to drive my car but im afriad im gonna start getting tickets pretty soon. Please help.

thanx much

Dim bulbs are often caused by poor grounds. go through the system and clean or add some new grounds

3496 from NAPA. They were $7 a piece but well worth it.
I also changed out my voltage regulator, headlights to H4s with Bosch lenses, and the rest of the bulbs according to this:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=91840

And grounded the alt to the back of the vr, to the battery.

I took the lenses apart and cleaned them, and repainted the silver.

In addition I grounded each of the dash bulbs individually to the dash.

My lights are now incredibly bright all around, and my directionals flash like crazy!

I'd get a voltmeter out and check the output voltage at the alternator. I'll bet it's low. You may also have a voltage drop to the dash area which could be due to bad firewall connectors or wiring.

-
Back