LMC Super Cuda 200 MPH

-

adriver

Blazing Apostle
Reaction score
Sorry if it's been up before.
Didn't find it on a search.
So cool do it again anyway.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1cLfiVSyrw"]LMC Super Cuda 200 MPH! - YouTube[/ame]

Fully independent front and REAR suspension, don't know if anybody else noticed that as well.

So the aero of the large Daytona/Superbird was able to propel the NA 426 to 202? Didnt take 2 turbos or 1000HP for that. Or even a N/A Ford small block to get Bill Elliot's '87 T-bird to 212MPH. Still, that is a wicked Cuda.

So the aero of the large Daytona/Superbird was able to propel the NA 426 to 202? Didnt take 2 turbos or 1000HP for that. Or even a N/A Ford small block to get Bill Elliot's '87 T-bird to 212MPH. Still, that is a wicked Cuda.

That's a pretty good piont...
After thinking about this though, it's not that hard to believe...drag increases exponentially so each additional mph takes an ever increasing amount of power. When we're talking about 200mph range, a small advantage in aero is worth A LOT of power.

'the car was running out of aero and I was running out of kahona's' LMAO .. nice way of describing what had to be a pulse quickening, hair raising, rubber knee, fun ride!! They put those big wings on the Daytona's and Superbirds for speeds like that.. I can only imagine what the Super Cuda felt like at speed with that little spoiler

Well the Daytona And Super Bird still STILL have better Aero than alot of modern super cars. That being said. I wonder what a super duper built daytona would do

Just to point the out (as aero is being talked about), the Enzo has 600hp and top was 217 while the has a 1000hp and topped at 208. See how important areo comes into play.

Just to point the out (as aero is being talked about), the Enzo has 600hp and top was 217 while the has a 1000hp and topped at 208. See how important areo comes into play.

No doubt aero is more important than the horsepower. Which is exactly why the winged cars were able to do it without having to be 1000 hp. The Cuda didn't top out though.i got the impression he felt it wasn't save or stable enough to push her any faster lol. It still had to be a wild experience to take an E-body (which was never designed for this kind of speed) to over 200mph....

LMC is 20 mins from me in Milton,Ontario Canada.My engine builders built the V10 for the Cuda.The video has been out for 2 yrs now.LOL

-
Back