Lo23

-

sgd128

Reaction score
Can it be?? local yard has a LO23 dart fender tag...F/S...$500...i didn't think they came with tags..

I'm pretty sure they would have come with them, but it could also be a 66 D/Dart.......

The LO23 on the D/Dart is only appears on the stainless VIN tag on the door jam. It does not appear on the fender tag. The fender tag just has the SO Number on it and it lists the body as LP23.

ddartdude said:
The LO23 on the D/Dart is only appears on the stainless VIN tag on the door jam. It does not appear on the fender tag. The fender tag just has the SO Number on it and it lists the body as LP23.

I guess I could have looked at the documentation I have to determine that..................

5K and he said he has the whole 68 dart ..with ALL LO23 tags

sgd128 said:
5K and he said he has the whole 68 dart ..with ALL LO23 tags

It's probably worth it if it's in any kind of salvageable condition. Don't suppose the engine is still in it. Check for the reshaped rear fenderwells, special seats, evidence of the window straps on the doors. Should also be radio & heater delete, right? If it's a maunal trans car it should have a Dana 60. Might be able to find evidence of original color paint, should be white. You probably know what to look for. I'd check to be sure it's not the "correct" tag on the "incorrect" car. If it's the real thing, bring it to me. :thumbup:

Beg or borrow the $5k and check it all out. The rad support and trunk lip stampings will only match the fender tag, not the VIN.

HOLY CRAP!!..its real and not that bad at all..frame still there, the whole frame that is!! NO windows or straps delete plates are intact..dana is there ..trying to get some pics on saturday..

sgd128 said:
HOLY CRAP!!..its real and not that bad at all..frame still there, the whole frame that is!! NO windows or straps delete plates are intact..dana is there ..trying to get some pics on saturday..

Huh!!!- You`d better buy that thing!!!!! + crate Hemi = 6 figures

work on it YES..guy's a little funny about the yard ..wants to see some cash...told him if its what he says the cash is in hand..i'll see he's son this weekend..i did see the car, never got to check any rad support and trunk lip stampings ..

Be careful of a cheque before checking. He may be just a little strange, or he may be like a dog's hind leg - not really straight. It sounds like you may have hit the find of the century if it's the real McCoy. Good luck and keep us posted and photo'd.

If it's trhe real thing you better buy some lottery tickets. You gonna win! That's like a magazine story! It always happens to othet guys. But you did it! Shoot some pictures for us!

Good thing you don't have your hometown listed. You might have a lot of company you didn't expect. LOL

Good luck with your possible find!!

Jack

Coyote Jack said:
Good thing you don't have your hometown listed. You might have a lot of company you didn't expect. LOL

Good luck with your possible find!!

Jack

No doubt eh? i was thinking the same thing the whole time..

thats funny jack

I'll keep you all posted...ANYBODY want to go half???LOL

Cerwin said:
No doubt eh? i was thinking the same thing the whole time..

thats funny jack

Better than hometown is listed in your profile......you might want to have a look.

If you were closer I'd go halves. I'd have to see the car first. Don't lose the opportunity. If you really can't afford it I know somebody who would likely give you a nice finder's fee for showing it to him. PM me if need be.

Jim Lusk said:
Better than hometown is listed in your profile......you might want to have a look.

If you were closer I'd go halves. I'd have to see the car first. Don't lose the opportunity. If you really can't afford it I know somebody who would likely give you a nice finder's fee for showing it to him. PM me if need be.

That's what I was thinking Jim, and the first thing I checked. :salute:

I'm NOT hiding from anybody, I'm in Kingston NY 12401.....BUT i drive over 700miles a week for work, and have found manyA fresh out of the barn/field/garage..stuff..i'll ALWAYS list or tell people here FIRST!!..

-
Back