Local Newsman Mispronounced Plymouth BADLY!

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
Evidently McDonald’s has had a 1970 Barracuda very nicely fixed up, and they call it the Burgercuda. It’s a national marketing scheme. If you see the Burgercuda, evidently you contact McDonald’s somehow and get a free hamburger. The young guy on the left, pronounced it as a Plie (like two ply toilet paper) mouth (like the mouth on your face) Barracuda. The older guy on the right, laughed and corrected him.

IMG_6413.jpeg

IMG_6414.jpeg

IMG_6415.jpeg

The amazing American education system working and displaying itself at its finest! I wonder, how does this guy ties his shoelaces in the morning? Oh, never mind, I forgot they invented Velcro for morons like him.

There’s more than 1 idiot there. The “As seen” moron is just a puppet reading what Morin #2 typed up and got passed the (sarcasm) quality control group.

Nothing like proof reading your work when you have a job like them. Here in the net, no one cares save a few English Nazi clowns. Though some are reallllly bad.

This is the result of our absurd education system. People have really started butchering pronunciations. The latest one I've heard ruined is Potomac. One guy kept saying it as "pot-o-mac." I heard someone repeatedly say it as "p-atomic"

We have a few unusually pronounced street names around here. Everybody from this area knows their pronunciation well. One example is Pio Nono avenue. Named after an American indian. Correctly pronounced (around here anyway) Pie-ah-nonna. We've heard Pee Oh no-no so much from new loacl TV personalities, it's stupid. We also have a Houston Avenue. Yup. Pronounced HOWston, because it was someone's name and that's how they pronounced it. You'd THINK these media stations would educate these cats with some of these local names, but it always cracks me up.

Sadly, not really.
The young guy may be 25 years old. The last Plymouth built was in what...2001 ? 23 years ago?
Somethin like that, yeah, but as I said in my second post, how easy would it be to proofread the story FIRST? No one wants to get anything accurate these days. Just get it on the air. Remember this?

Sadly, not really.
The young guy may be 25 years old. The last Plymouth built was in what...2001 ? 23 years ago?
And that first city the Pilgrims settled. Who should be held accountable for knowing that kind of history.

We have a few unusually pronounced street names around here. Everybody from this area knows their pronunciation well. One example is Pio Nono avenue. Named after an American indian. Correctly pronounced (around here anyway) Pie-ah-nonna. We've heard Pee Oh no-no so much from new loacl TV personalities, it's stupid. We also have a Houston Avenue. Yup. Pronounced HOWston, because it was someone's name and that's how they pronounced it. You'd THINK these media stations would educate these cats with some of these local names, but it always cracks me up.
Same in any are. It cracks me up. Sure lets ya know who the imports are. Sometimes you just gotta make the mistake before the correction.

I`ve jokingly called Plymouth, Ply-mouth back as far as when I was a kid.
This is the result of our absurd education system. People have really started butchering pronunciations. The latest one I've heard ruined is Potomac. One guy kept saying it as "pot-o-mac." I heard someone repeatedly say it as "p-atomic"
I think it was named after the Indian tribes that lived along it. They think it was actually pronounced as Pot-o-mac. It may of had an extra letter in it also. We`ve always pronounced it
Pa-tow-mic.

I like to piss off the Washingtonians when I pronounce Tacoma, TAKima, drives them nutz.

Before there was a car company there was a rock, a landing site, a town, and the beginning of a Nation.
Plymouth cars are insignificant in comparison to the importance of Plymouth circa 1620.
Everyone should be able to pronounce it because they learned history. I can look past someone who would butcher a name like Hyundai. It means nothing to us.

Before there was a car company there was a rock, a landing site, a town, and the beginning of a Nation.
Plymouth cars are insignificant in comparison to the importance of Plymouth circa 1620.
Everyone should be able to pronounce it because they learned history. I can look past someone who would butcher a name like Hyundai. It means nothing to us.
Hell, even I know that as a Canadian, we were taught a great deal of American history when I was in school. Probably as much if not more than Canadian history. History is a subject that I have always been interested in, likely because of my early childhood education.

Somethin like that, yeah, but as I said in my second post, how easy would it be to proofread the story FIRST? No one wants to get anything accurate these days. Just get it on the air. Remember this?

That is absolutely awesome and hilarious at the same time.
:rofl:

Des Moines pronounced "dez-mo-inez" yeah I heard someone say it I mean yeah that's how it looks but if you went to school and paid attention you know... :lol:

anyway he could have said "Plim -iff"

Last edited:
My wife and I still chuckle, on a Calif freeway in a motorhome, asked my wife to find try and find someplace cool in the mtns.

She said Yose-might ( Yo-sem-et-ee) looked promising .

Saw newsman try to pronounce Ottawa. - Oughtawawa

Last edited:
I’m m not bitchin, I am laughing. I’ll skip over the notion it was a petty stab over an obvious missed key stroke and proof reading miss. I next to the O….

It’s all good. I know you were just poking me. I actually appreciated it and thought it was funny.

I always wondered about....Arkansas. You put -ar- in front of Kansas & get...Arkansaw.

-
Back