Local track night

-

canyncarvr

Reaction score
Went to the local track last night. It was mostly test-n-tune, street legal stuff...

A '65 Mustang. Didn't make enough noise to even HEAR. Hit 2nd gear hard enough to move the car MORE than his line launch. Ran within thousandths of a perfect light AND within thousands of his dial-in. Amazing. Overall winner for the night.

A 'vehicle' the track announcer didn't even know what it was. Some 'mini SUV' thing he said at first. IT ran in the 10's. Turned out to be a Jeep TrackHawk...never heard of such a thing. Basically a Cherokee model. So new it had a temporary sticker. I have NO idea what engine it had...certainly not the 2.0L 4-banger it came with. It would have to make 800+HP to run the 1/4 in that time.

One altered-looking thing. He moved SO fast it was hard to grasp. One millisecond he was at the line, seemingly instantly later, he was 150' down the track.

What I found most curious: Total number of Chrysler vehicles: Zero. Nada. None. Zip. There was one Gremlin. I guess that falls under the 'Chrysler' name, but no Dodge, no Plymouth...old or new.

Last edited:
Went to the local track last night. It was mostly test-n-tune, street legal stuff...

A '65 Mustang. Didn't make enough noise to even HEAR. Hit 2nd gear hard enough to move the car MORE than his line launch. Ran within thousandths of a perfect light AND within thousands of his dial-in. Amazing. Overall winner for the night.

A 'vehicle' the track announcer didn't even know what it was. Some 'mini SUV' thing he said at first. IT ran in the 10's. Turned out to be a Jeep TrailHawk...never heard of such a thing. Basically a Cherokee model. So new it had a temporary sticker. I have NO idea what engine it had...certainly not the 2.0L 4-banger it came with. It would have to make 800+HP to run the 1/4 in that time.

One altered-looking thing. He moved SO fast it was hard to grasp. One millisecond he was at the line, seemingly instantly later, he was 150' down the track.

What I found most curious: Total number of Chrysler vehicles: Zero. Nada. None. Zip. There was one Gremlin. I guess that falls under the 'Chrysler' name, but no Dodge, no Plymouth...old or new.
That's because most folks can't afford to own a mopar when it comes to any form of performance.

Paying 80 grand plus for some SUV contraption that can run ten second quarter miles has zero appeal to me

The Jeep has a 707hp hellcat motor in it, from the factory. Probably a little modified already, too. I would love to have one. Four wheel drive , lots of power, room for my dogs.

And its a Track hawk, not a trailhawk.

Whoa. A Jeep that you can order with a Hellcat? Clearly, I haven't kept up with 'stuff'. Thanks for the input!!

Does anyone know anything about the new Dodge Hornet? I did hear that Chrysler was dropping the challenger due to lacking sales. I followed the challenger's for a while and they had a lot of wiring issues and transmission problems.

Chrysler is dropping the 300. Dodge is expected to still make a Challenger and a Charger. In what form, has yet to be revealed.

Jeep quit making the Trackhawk a few years back with the refresh

Chrysler is dropping the 300. Dodge is expected to still make a Challenger and a Charger. In what form, has yet to be revealed.

Jeep quit making the Trackhawk a few years back with the refresh
I read recently that the new challenger will have a V/6 and a electric option

That's because most folks can't afford to own a mopar when it comes to any form of performance.
Really? Because everyone I know can.
I did hear that Chrysler was dropping the challenger due to lacking sales. I followed the challenger's for a while and they had a lot of wiring issues and transmission problems.
Both statements are incorrect. I've owned two brand new Challengers and neither one had ANY issues.

Whoa. A Jeep that you can order with a Hellcat? Clearly, I haven't kept up with 'stuff'. Thanks for the input!!
Could get one in a Durango too, but for one year only.
Whoops. Was supposed to be a one year only in 2021, Google says it came back for 2023, very limited production.
In 2021, it was a $100,000 car. I think it still is, used.

Really? Because everyone I know can.

Both statements are incorrect. I've owned two brand new Challengers and neither one had ANY issues.
We have also had 2 newer Challengers and have had no issues besides the screen on the radio was de-laminating so, they put in a new one for free

-
Back