location of twin hood scoops on 1970 Duster

-

340moparman

Reaction score
I woul like to put twin hood scoops on my 70 Duster.I have the scoops but, I do not know the exact location.My question is,how can I find this info?

I woul like to put twin hood scoops on my 70 Duster.I have the scoops but, I do not know the exact location.My question is,how can I find this info?

Check the underhood bracing. You should see two slight semi-circular cutouts (one on each side) on the diagonal bracing. This is the location for the circular 4" openings that fed air from the scoop. There should also be some indents on the bracing where some of the mounting bolts would come through.
I'm sure someone else is going to come through with actual measurements, but this is at least a start for you.

1970 Dusters were not available with the scoops, so measurements may prove difficult?

It would be interesting to know if the hood underskin on the 1970 Dusters had the punched out locations like the 1970 Dart hoods though?

The underside of the hood has some small holes like 3/16 of an in. in the cross braces. None of these holes have anything to do with the studs for the scoops. I did find a website for a Dart and it showed the underside of the hood,with the holes your talking about. On this hood,those holes don't exsist. What I might have to do,if I can't get measurments,is try to scale it from a picture off the web. Thanks guy's....340

If anyone out there has a 71,could you please send me the measurments,so I can get this done.Thanks...340

Hey Moparman, did you ever get those measurements from a '71? I have a '70 Duster that I am getting ready to put twin scoops on and am running into the same problem. I have found all those location diagrams for Darts, but with out the hole on the bracing on the '70s it makes it hard to know where to start.

Thanks

IMG_1339.jpg
IMG_1334.jpg
IMG_1332.jpg
I have a 69 dart I just installed a pair on. Yes 69 dart did not come with hood scoops. So there were no semi circles under the hood to start from. There are quit a few threads about dual hood scoops and there location & installation.
I used pink ratan paper taped to the hood and started from there . The scoops turned out strait and I drilled the cold air 4 1/8" holes near the back of the hood scoops instead of the front. I like the way they turned out.

Looks Good. And nice wheels. I searched through a ton of posts and found great info so far, just wondering if someone had the measurements of where the scoop goes on a duster. Mine being a 70 I have no start point to find where to put the scoop. If someone has measurements of the twin scoops on a duster that would be great. From the back of the scoop to the back of the hood and from the side of the hood to the side of the scoop measurements should give me a good jump off point.

Thanks again.

Hi all, after reading the information in this forum and needing to mount some scoops myself I came up with the following measurements on my hood. And after drilling the holes in the hood I found these measurements to be spot on to the link that was given earlier showing underside of the grey demon hood.
These measurements are as follows.
Set the scoop on the hood with the mounting studs attached and use the following measurements
To position the scoop, mark around the mounting studs to drill the holes.
From the back of the hood edge to the back of scoop 2.75"
From the back outside scoop edge to hood edge 7"
From the front outer edge of scoop to hood edge 9"
From the front inner scoop edge to the edge of the center crease 7"
Then from the front edge of the scoop to the fron of the hoods first crease 16.25"

Hope this makes it easier for some of you, I have encluded a picture of my hood I did.
I measured it many times before drilling to make sure it was correct
Good luck

image.jpeg

-
Back