lock your cars up

-

moparlover

Reaction score
race car stolen in Georgia:

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/24970232/racing-trailer-stolen#axzz2vsjgtv2U

this is all they found left of it, all stripped and cut up; they found the trailer also it was totally emptied:

8075068-tatumjunk.jpg

MAKE SURE YOUR STUFF IS UNDER LOCK AND KEY

Amazing how quick a thief can take something someone worked so hard for, gone in 60 seconds and the cops are too busy to care. Hopefully the guy(s) get busted selling the race engine or something like that.

Gotta hate it when that happens.

That sucks! I lost a 4x4 pickup in broad daylight at the Ma Bell training 25 years ago. I had full coverage but didn't take away that violating feeling. The cops never found it. I was told by the time I called in was more than likely in a container at the port head out of the country.

Somebody over on Yellow Bullet speculated that it was "probably members here"

If the car doesn't have a VIN, stamp one in it. In two places, one obvious, one not so obvious so that you can point to it if the first one is obliterated. KA allows "Title Only" registration, so it's in your name, just not legal to drive on the street. Perhaps other states do something similar?
I know of a guy who got back his Bugatti Type 47 racer because he had done the title-only deal. When the Sheriff's dept ran the VIN it came up his and he got it back for the towing fees.

None of this will help the poor bastid above, unfortunately.

Poor guy.
In the video you can see a Barracuda in a trailer they show.

from what I read the car was in a locked trailer.....with the coupler locked as well...

How do you insure a drag car???????

when I insured the Dart for transportation purposes I asked my agent this very question....he said (this is a State Farm agent) that while they will not cover the car against damage at incurred at a track....if it happens while it is being raced....if the car has full coverage, agreed value, and gets stolen it will be covered for the agreed value...or sumtin like that.....

I've been thinking,.............and started to search............. GSM based alarms, which are essentially an alarm and cell phone device. If I can find one that works cheap enough "prepaid" seems to me this would be "the thing."

I'm still not convinced this deal wasn't some sort of "inside job" And they must have (allegedly) had an AWFUL quiet tow rig. Reminds me of a sign:

"These premises guarded by trained attack dogs and armed guards 3 nights a week. You get to guess which 3 nights"

I had a boost mobile phone under my rear seat. It was permanently hooked up to a charger and put on silent. I could track that phone on a map. The phone pinged its position about every ten seconds. Cool stuff. It only cost $10 a month for the service, but. I forgot to pay a few months, and they forgot to leave my service run without payment. LOL!!!

I've been thinking,.............and started to search............. GSM based alarms, which are essentially an alarm and cell phone device. If I can find one that works cheap enough "prepaid" seems to me this would be "the thing."

I'm still not convinced this deal wasn't some sort of "inside job" And they must have (allegedly) had an AWFUL quiet tow rig. Reminds me of a sign:

"These premises guarded by trained attack dogs and armed guards 3 nights a week. You get to guess which 3 nights"

Damn that car was nust stolen a few days ago. Holy **** that is horrible. I F-bombing hate thieves.

Check out the gps system that is instantly findable. One of the nitrous companies sell them as well. Somebody just posted a video of it on turbobullet.com.

snip.... Reminds me of a sign:

Which reminds me of a story of a friend of my grandad's. Couldn't get the local LEO's to pay much attention to the petty thievery going on around his place so he put up a sign on his shop (he rebuilt starters & generators) that read: "Caution: Set-Gun. Do Not open door." One of the deputies saw it and told him to take the gun down, that was illegal. The deputy was handed the keys to the door a told to "go ahead".

Wouldn't have helped in this case, but in the past I've used one of the Hella battery switches with the removable key to disable battery power as a theft deterrent.

here in s w missouri cattle thiving is #1 thievin activity, sherriff says there are plenty of lime sinks here for them if your luckly enough for lead slug to find them! don't call him. in last 2 yrs there have been 3 cases of stolen cattle within 3 mi radius of me. sad, pitiful and enough to pi-- ya off no matter whats being solen.
condolences to owner of that stolen car.

-
Back