lockar kickdown cable

-

busted knuckles

Reaction score
I ordered a lokar kickdown cable, am I going to need any special bracketry to use it?

my 904 one came with everything i needed. I've heard you need to drill a hole in the linkage a little twords the middle or something along those lines. I've had a too early or too late shift 1/2 shift and the same for the 2/3 i cant tweak out.

busted knuckles said:
I ordered a lokar kickdown cable, am I going to need any special bracketry to use it?

You need to buy the loKar bracket they offer. It works in conjunction with the throttle. Very nice/easy setup to install.

GoodysGotaCuda said:
my 904 one came with everything i needed. I've heard you need to drill a hole in the linkage a little twords the middle or something along those lines. I've had a too early or too late shift 1/2 shift and the same for the 2/3 i cant tweak out.
I've had the same problem with mine.

Do you guys have a spring keeping tension on the K/D lever on the trans? I had a problem like that and I talked to a caouple of guys and they told me to put a light carb return spring on the lever. The stock linkage keeps the lever in a steady spot but when you switch to the cable it has some slop. With the spring it will pull it back at reast and the cables then has some tesion cause it's pulling against the spring.

I have a spring on the KD lever on the trans. I musta misread it or something, sorry it was EARLY lol. Mine came with everything to mount it to the trans. My bracket at the engine is the lokar brand that mounts to the rear drivers carb stud

i got one from summit last year 4 my 71dart 904 trans. mine came with everything the carb. bracket to only thing i did put a spring on the lever under the car i found that by adjusted it at the carb so it has no slack there then adjusting it at the trans. to get your shift points works best i played with it to get it where i wanted the more the passing gears engaged before u hit the gas the harder the shifts mines in bout an inch an a half if u hit it hard it'll chirp 2 but normal driving shifts 19 and 28

-
Back