-
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoparN8

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Anyone have an old, original locking ring lying around from an old gas tank? I replaced my sending unit on 65 dart and the new POS ring doesn't seal good enough. Getting leaking gas. Like an idiot too I threw the old one out :banghead:

After I took mine apart, I found that neither the new nor the old ring would seal it well enough. I had a sheet of composite gasket material laying around that I cut into the same shape and size of the rubber gasket that comes with the lock ring. I put the "spacer" I made in between the rubber gasket and the new lock ring and it hasn't leaked yet. Just put plenty of vaseline on both gaskets so you don't tear them up if you have to take it apart again.

After I took mine apart, I found that neither the new nor the old ring would seal it well enough. I had a sheet of composite gasket material laying around that I cut into the same shape and size of the rubber gasket that comes with the lock ring. I put the "spacer" I made in between the rubber gasket and the new lock ring and it hasn't leaked yet. Just put plenty of vaseline on both gaskets so you don't tear them up if you have to take it apart again.

Seems simple enough...good call. i think i'll give that a try and see if it works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back