locking strip rear window

-

kfrese

Reaction score
1973 dodge dart sport. Just had rear window installed. Guys asked for locking strip which I didn't have. I have read two versions for my car one that it doesn't take a locking strip and that the chrome trim tightens up the install. And two that it takes a locking strip. My gasket definitely has the space for a.locking strip. The window is tight but could be tighter. Is my locking strip supposed to be chrome coated outlook like chrome?

should be an integrated locking seal, that would look smooth once it is locked in place. Then the outside chrome would cover most of it.
Not sure what you have.

Where does the burly sealer go? Are you saying I don't need a locking strip. I'm obviously confused..right.

Sound same as what I got for 75 Duster. Uses a black round rubber lock strip. I have not done the back yet, but got seals and strips from Dante's. Did they use sealer on yours? I've read a few saying they put in with none, but based on my experience with front glass I can't imagine it sealing that way .

The lock strip does not seal anything. It just fills the space in the rubber. The space in the rubber gives it more flex to let the glass go in after the gasket is set on the car. Butyl seals the rubber to metal. Urethane seals rubber to glass

I only did the rear glass....no sealer. I did use the same locking strip. I also had bought new trim clips. But we have a problem now. Can't get the trim to grab. After closer examination of after Market clips they sit really close to body. So now I'm stuck has anyone had this problem. Who sells good trim clips?

I only did the rear glass....no sealer. I did use the same locking strip. I also had bought new trim clips. But we have a problem now. Can't get the trim to grab. After closer examination of after Market clips they sit really close to body. So now I'm stuck has anyone had this problem. Who sells good trim clips?

The clips I got from Dante's look same as the ones I took off. I only put my front glass back in so far, and have not put metal trim back on so can't say how well they grab. will probably wait till painted (which could be a while). Was not easy getting off first time so don't want to risk damaging it by doing again. Just like with the window install, I would think if you do it with gasket warmed up, it should be easier getting trim on if gasket can smoosh a slight bit.

-
Back