LOL Does ANYBODY (except USPS) exepect this to arrive today?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Expecting a package. Supposedly departed Salt Lake 4AM and is supposed to arrive sometime today/ tonight. Bear in mind they don't drop here, it all goes to Spokane and then trucked to Coeur d Alene, so that's another round of shift change/ lunch/ coffee/ company naps, you know what I mean delays---sorting errors, throwing things, etc. "I don't see it" LOL

uspsLOLOL.jpg

I'm a betting man. I bet it shows up today. USPS's system sometimes has a lag on updates for the PacNW/Intermountain regions.

Just hope that it goes to Spokane and then Coeur d Alene. When my packages are late they are sitting in Minneapolis where they never should have gone.

Well I just checked, it transferred in Boise, left there at 11. I had not counted on that. For some reason, LOL I "imagined" it going straight through flight. They'll probably have to stop at Lewiston, Hillsboro, OR, and then Lake Oswego or some damn thing.

They are going to have to beat feet to make this. Usually "you consider" anything going through Spokamentro to be "a day"

Just hope that it goes to Spokane and then Coeur d Alene. When my packages are late they are sitting in Minneapolis where they never should have gone.
I had a package of Mopar parts last year I was waiting on... said in Tampa, then they sent it back where it came from... took another 2 weeks to get back here...

My Wife is waiting for a package. Was supposed to be here Thursday. Now stuck in Goodyear 15 miles away. Says there trying to figure out where Sun City West is !

DeJoy is incompetent

But if it suites you, just blame the poor smuck working in postal distribution hub

LOL well "guess what" didn't make it. According to the last "update" it left Boise 11AM. So I guess the aircrew switched to the "drop tanks" put 'er on autopilot and went to bed. It's probably the one I hear go overhead every few hours!!!

THE GOOD note is another delivery (expected) came, a "fancy" new CHINESE built Robinair 15500 vacuum pump This is nothing to write home about. Cheap, Chinese, non repairable throw away junk. But I can still pump down (and it turns out maybe enough) with my old pumps, and put this on for the last "microns."

I ALSO found that all this junk I bought with the ancient thermocouple gauge tubes and controller was somewhat worthwhile. I don't have a lot of money in these, and "plenty" of material to work with. One tube does not seem to work well, but it's a "different series" and may actually be wired differently

This is one old controller and it seems to work just fine. what the tubes are is a thermocouple welded to a tiny precision heater. The power supply/ controller feeds a tiny AC current to the heater, and the thermocouple measures the heat output by generating an output. The deeper the vacuum, the less heat is dissipated from the assembly. The meter reads backwards. "To the left" is deeper vacuum, and "more heat" stays in the TC unit

s-l1600.jpg

Two of the tubes I bought for 20. Both work. Had to soak the internals in isopropyl shake them up as the heater/ tc gets contaminated sometimes. "The new pump" will pull down less than 200 approaching 150 microns according to this "old ****." the old pumps barely wiggle the 1000 micron which would have been enough had I been sure

as-l1600.jpg

-
Back