LOL "propane carb"

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Yeh. THAT'S what it is.......a "propane carb" LOL

http://spokane.craigslist.org/pts/5278346057.html

Holley 4 Barrel Propane Carb (Spokane)

Holley D5TE-9510-CB List 7158-1, 600cfm propane carb. $100 or trade for small block Chevy parts.

00b0b_esyC1oIfCcf_600x450.jpg

Looks like the old governed Holley 600 that came on most all the 370 Lima engines in the old U Haul F350 cube trucks.

Yup. Governed truck carb. Hell, LOL, probably somebody needs one of those.

Uhhh, no.. ( as Butt head would state... A pair of those on a tunnel ram, would really make for comedy..

Propane huh? 'cuz of da brass fitting on the top left bowl? LMAO....

-Tryin' to figure out how the listing person came up with "Propane Carb"...... :scratch:

that one was used on point dist up to 75 when elect ign came out the carb used a electrical solenoid on the drivers side to control the vacuum circuit to the secondarys.

Oh hell, I didn't even look at the part number. It is EXACTLY what I said it is.

D5TE =

D = 1970s decade
5 = 1975
T = Truck
E = Ford Engineering

So, it's a governed Holley from a 1975 Ford truck. It would have to be a one ton and larger, since governors weren't on anything else.

I cannot count the number of old U Haul trucks I've worked on that had those.

In fact, it would work on MY truck. LOL

I bet as good as I have mine tuned even governed, the mileage would go down. I remember that was one of the biggest complaints from the U Haul place. Those F350 cube trucks got like 3-4 MPG.

But I tell you what (in my best Hank Hill voice).......those 370 Ford Lima engines would carry a damn house. Quite literally.

Uhhh, no.. ( as Butt head would state... A pair of those on a tunnel ram, would really make for comedy..

..........I jusz...........don' unnerstan..........it won' rev above 2200..............

ugly-corvette2.jpg

-
Back