Long distance dolly towing

-
Oh yeah, your on there all the time

Cool

Was that you who posted a brown duster on there a few years ago too?
That would be me! Current stable is '68 Barracuda, '69 Dart, '72 Charger, and my baby, a '65 Plymouth Sport Fury.

I wanted to go ahead and take the Barracuda with me but I might just have it shipped with the others. I will just have to be without it for a while.

Nice

I remember being jealous when you posted that pic
(That was before I got my duster)

You just might need to get a transporter to haul that fleet

Yeah, probably will. I have been working on the Barracuda and just didn't want to be without it for a few months. I wouldn't be there when they're loaded up so that just kinda bugs me. I hate strangers messing with my cars!

I rented a u=haul car trailer a few years back to go from South Dakota to Kansas and pick up a Shelby charger(pretty much all flat land). I could have rented for one way and picked the trailer up down there but it was cheaper to rent it for the weekend and return it where I rented it, in my case. I read the fine print online "they will inspect tow vehicle..." so I went and put new tires on my 98 Dakota (2 wheel drive, 3.9 auto), they never even looked at my Dakota, the local U-Haul renter is a friend so that may have had something to do with it. I used to tow a 73 Chevelle on a homemade car trailer(no brakes)going was not a problem, stopping was problematic at times.

Az to Indiana.
Bring your rust free mopars with you. You won't be able to replace them with what you can find here. Lol.
Have a safe move.

Buy a used trailer. Sell it when you get to Indiana. Even if you lose a couple hundred in the deal, cheaper than renting a dolly, cheaper than shipping the car, and you have brakes.

-
Back