-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssba

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
I haven't worked on this project for awhile and have lost interest due to other builds.
Thought I see if anyone here had something interesting they would swap if cash was
tight . As you can see this car is not finished. She is a 56 Desoto. Can give better details,
PM me, too much for me to type here with my phone. 1 hr. south of Chicago. 47978.

Pictures?

Attachments

• 2012-10-01_08-31-40_193-1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 889
  • 2012-10-01_08-32-02_349-1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 920
OK I got a couple to go up. Please PM me if interested, posting on forums is not my native tongue.

I am kinda putting feelers out for a interesting trade. Hope to deal with someone like myself that is cash poor but has more mopars than I have time to finish. Haven't set a for sale price.
If a dream trade could be made, it would be on a 33 Plymouth coupe or something close.
I have a 28 model A sedan that I want to replace with something Mopar.
I have been a sucker for my fastback barracudas the last decade or so also.
Just wanting a change. It makes me sad to see it set in the corner knowing I will not
do anything with it anytime soon. Thinking someone else would enjoy her more.

Sweet,definitely bad *** looking Mopar...absolutely love it but out of reach right now...good luck with the trade/sale...

Thanks rbdart, I do really like it also, it was a great driving car when I had it on the road every day about 5 years ago now. It had some problems that I needed to take care of to make it
nicer for daily transportation. Headliner, glass rubbers, a fresh interior and roof paint.
Still need to finish the labor part of this, about 3/4 done, have bought all the parts.
This car got more complements and smiles from those that saw it everywhere I went than
even my plum crazy Cuda.
I didn't really think that was possible. A lot of folks even car guys had to check it out because they didn't know what it was. But knew it wasn't a Chevy.
The factory color is called irredesent plum over black. Of course this car is faded beyond shine from age. I always liked the color combination on this one. Has a more masculine look than the pinks and turquoise cars of the same year and model.
The photo doesn't show it because it was removed at the time to paint the roof and install new headliner and glass seals but it has a very nice stainless visor over the windshield that really makes the roof line so much cooler than the chevys that are all so popular and recognized.
Keep it in mind I may still have it when your ready for another Mopar. When you tell people you have a Desoto you get mostly yuk type reactions. But when they see the car
most say they like it better than the other cars they have seen from the 50s. I do believe this is one of the better looking desoto years. Desoto was the pace car in 56.
Well that's all the typing I can handle right now, got any questions feel free to ask
I know this car well as I rebuilt it myself. Had body off its frame to sandblast , paint
and rebuild chassis.

OK I got a couple to go up. Please PM me if interested, posting on forums is not my native tongue.

Here's a tip on how to post pictures. Most of them are too big.

Open the picture in PAINT

Then RESIZE to 40%

then SAVE AS

then when you want to post them, go to ADVANCE and then click on the paperclip and find the files on your hard drive.

Click DOWNLOAD

Then close the window after downloading, you will see a list of the pictures.

then click on the paperclip again and either choose them one at a time, or post them all at once.

PS. I am so tempted to come look at this. I am only 22 miles from the IL/IN border....

Here's a tip on how to post pictures. Most of them are too big.

Open the picture in PAINT

Then RESIZE to 40%

then SAVE AS

then when you want to post them, go to ADVANCE and then click on the paperclip and find the files on your hard drive.

Click DOWNLOAD

Then close the window after downloading, you will see a list of the pictures.

then click on the paperclip again and either choose them one at a time, or post them all at once.

PS. I am so tempted to come look at this. I am only 22 miles from the IL/IN border....

or just open a free Photobucket account where they resize them automatically

I have gotten lots of request for more pictures so I will work on getting some up here and out to the guys who have contacted me. Sorry if I didn't get back with anyone it has been a little confusing keeping the messages organized, I think I have replied to some twice and missed others.
I have this car put away in a back corner of the shop. The unheated side. I don't go out there much during the winter. Its dark and cold and can't get the roll up doors open for light
right now with the mountains of snow and ice. I will see how the pictures turn out.
Thanks for the tips on posting pictures. Getting my hat and coat now, be back.

Its going to need to do some warming up before I can dig the car out and get some decent pictures.
Haven't put a cash price on the car, was hoping to trade. I looked it up the last time
I registered this car and it has been off the road since 2006. Since that date I have
been putting a unrecorded amount of money towards finishing it up as I found a needed part or had some spare cash. The chrome replating has been the issue slowing the project for me. It is pricey and not finished still.
Lately I have been putting my funds into other projects and I don't see me getting this done anytime soon.
I am looking for a early Mopar body to replace a ford model A sedan that a friend is buying from me without the engine and transmission. hoped something would turn up to put my now unused engine in.
If I asked for what I believe to have invested I probably would not be able to get a decent return. Rather trade.
I don't care to go through the annoyance of hearing how my car is not worth what I've invested scenario. Rather talk cars than dollars. If you don't have something to trade
feel free to make a offer. Worst I'll do is say no. If your close enough I will dig it out when the ice is gone and you can look it over. Would like to have something different by summer.

I had to look it up. The first built dodge is in the W.P.Chrysler museum. 1914
The Dodge Brothers financed their car company with money made by owning 10% of the stock in Ford motor company and machining Ford model T parts.
Being they were the silent manufacturer for Ford they knew all the weak areas of the Model T. Ford refused to improve the revisions Dodge suggested and in 1914 built their own car
with the improvements and sold them for 100.00 dollars more per car.
The 2nd, 3rd& 4th car are lost. #5 is in private collection.

Car now has 3 pedals. Went to a 4-speed. Car is still in a project state. Not enough time to
to even dig it out like I have been wanting to. The intake and carbs need cleaned up. Still haven't
found the air cleaners at least not under 650.00. Got the clock working and rebuilding the radio now. Last thing that was not functional. Removed the power brakes when the pedals went in.
I will probably put 12" imperial disc or something on the front it if I can find the time. Gauge cluster and glove box panel are out getting woodgrained. Still looking for a 30s Mopar trade.
This will be a one of a kind incredible car when done. Anyone have a old coupe or sedan? Must be a Mopar. Let's deal. This car need a new owner.

Attachments

• IMG_20140603_174700_783.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 479
Will take any reasonable offer. I can't see me getting around to finishing this
car.

2 years and no takers ?? I have a 69 Valiant that's been done for a couple of years that I just can't get my brain wrapped around took some parts off to put into my other a body but the Valiant is complete zip 46567

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back