long shot but...

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
My scamp build I did the rebuild on the trans my first attempt at anything like that. This was done about 2yrs or so ago. Hasnt had fluid in it since just this weekend. Today went out and a puddle looks to be coming from front of trans front seal or pump gasket. Any chance its dry and will seal up once the fluid gets circulated?

I hope you didn't fill it with all the fluid it was suppose to hold. It will overfill the case and come out the vent.

Need to put ~5 quarts in and then once running pour in the remaining amounts once fluid is moving in the trans/converter

It may be coming out the vent which is above the front seal.

Total from dry will likely be in the 10+ qt range.

To the original question, No it won't seal up.

Sorry if I misunderstood, but it is in the car or not yet?

A few more details explained could save you some headaches.

The spring on the inside of the seal can pop off when you tap the seal in, and if unnoticed can get wound up in the pump. (BAD)
Filling the back of the seal with assy lube will keep that from happening (just so you know in the future)
And yes, it can leak from this without ever being started because the converter fluid can get by the seal as it tries to run back into the trans.

Point is, right now it's a very minor deal.
Start it, and it could be a real disaster.

well i crawled under today and took a good look. i thought it was the pan but im sure its the dipstick. Does anyone know the size or part number for the O ring? I guess i better start there.

-
Back