Long Shot: Grand Cherokee Headers

-

dartslantsix

Reaction score
I've searched this site and found nothing about Grand Cherokee (1994 vintage) shorty headers. It appears that manifolds from a Grand Cherokee do not work, but has anyone tried headers?
I'm asking because I found a set of Borla stainless headers in the junkyard today and they only want $40 for them. At that price, I might just buy them to see and if they don't work, I should be able to sell them.

Thanks.

The stainless Dakota headers I was interested in were way too wide for what I needed them for. Just imagine the steering shaft location

Unless it's a grand cherokee, they dont fit.

The stainless Dakota headers I was interested in were way too wide for what I needed them for. Just imagine the steering shaft location
I wish I could find a picture because these did not look like the Dakota headers. From what I can tell, these were a Cat-forward system, so they weren't constrained to a specific collector location.
Car I'm working on: 5.2L magnum in 67 A-body.

I wish I could find a picture because these did not look like the Dakota headers. From what I can tell, these were a Cat-forward system, so they weren't constrained to a specific collector location.
Car I'm working on: 5.2L magnum in 67 A-body.

Try asking our member @Treblig

He's good on exhaust manifolds...

Jeeps (Grand Cherokees) came from the factory with the starter on the passenger's side. This leaves a bunch of space on the driver's side and that space was usually taken by the exhaust manifold (headers). The Mopar starter would probably be right in the way of a GC exhaust manifold/header (not to mention the steering shaft). The passenger side (header) might work but remember GCs have a wider body and the Mopar A body is designed completely different. Besides, you wouldn't want a GC header just on one side. The GC right side cast iron manifold will fit the Mopar a body.

However....if you can get them to work without too many modifications you might be onto something.....but I have big doubts!!!

treblig

Jeeps (Grand Cherokees) came from the factory with the starter on the passenger's side. This leaves a bunch of space on the driver's side and that space was usually taken by the exhaust manifold (headers). The Mopar starter would probably be right in the way of a GC exhaust manifold/header (not to mention the steering shaft). The passenger side (header) might work but remember GCs have a wider body and the Mopar A body is designed completely different. Besides, you wouldn't want a GC header just on one side. The GC right side cast iron manifold will fit the Mopar a body.

However....if you can get them to work without too many modifications you might be onto something.....but I have big doubts!!!

treblig
Okay, looks like they probably won't work. I knew it was a long shot. Thanks for the insight.

Post a photo? Would they be candidates for reversed / turbo, maybe with "some mods?'

-
Back