Look at what I purchased

-

cchrishefish

Reaction score
Thanks Cudachick, I do have a place 1 mile from my house which blasted the 72 Scamp steel rims for me last year. They are part of the old GM plant rebuild project in East Syracuse. Too bad you were not as close.

I understand that powder coating is the cats butt, it is done here, as well. The old GM plant is huge, they had a 69 Camaro body and a tractor trailer being done when I dropped the rims off last year!

Does anyone have a good trunk picture on how this is supposed to mount inside the trunk?

What year is your Dart? I can take a pic of my 65 dart trunk if that would help

Make sure you test fit it to both bumpers before you sink any money into it. Darts and Valiants have a differently shaped bumper so they may not interchange. If it's just for show, I don't guess it will matter. I would use a hydrolic jack or something you can slide under the frame if you need to jack the car up. I you use the bumper jack, count on bending the bumper.

I will use this for show only, I do not trust using a bumper jack on my car, I have a hydraulic floor jack that I use to work on my car.

As promised,
Here are some pic of my jack setup on my 1965 Dart GT. Hope this helps!
:coffee2:

Attachments

• 100_0922.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 260
  • 100_0923.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 271
  • 100_0924.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 267
Thank you this really helps, since my car obviously was missing this when I purchased it. I think the only additional hardware I will need is the spare tire bolt. It looks like the jack and tire iron mount without extra hardware?

Yep,
Just kind of cradles in there. Get ya one of the repo jacking instruction stickers. It helps. I think you can get the tire bolt and wing nut new. Looks like a big carriage bolt.

Yep,
Just kind of cradles in there. Get ya one of the repo jacking instruction stickers. It helps. I think you can get the tire bolt and wing nut new. Looks like a big carriage bolt.

Does anyone have a part number or source, struck out on Rockauto?

Found the wing nut,
Year One pn FD32619 or MPA68

Do not see the bolt, but I know I saw it some were. Post in the parts wanted section and I bet some one will have on in a parts car. My GT was mising it, so I swiped it from my other 65.

Yep,

There should be a spring that hooks to the jack mechanism to the tab on the floor and you jack it to get tension so it doesn't rattle. The hook goes over the stud that holds the spare tire down.

I am willing to bet that slant 6 Dan knows all of these part numbers off the top of his head

There should be a spring that hooks to the jack mechanism to the tab on the floor and you jack it to get tension so it doesn't rattle. The hook goes over the stud that holds the spare tire down.

Not sure what hook you are talking about????

I did go back out and look at the jacking instruction sticker really close and you are right about the spring. I never noticed that before. Mine is missing. Might get motivated and fish around in the trunk extensions and see what I can find!

Just getting back on line and got your pm, Looks like 604 has you fixed up :D
I looked threw my restoration thread and could not find one except this mess
Like you I carry a small hydraulic jack, the one from a 2003 furd truck works great.

Sorry it took me a day to get back to you.

My mess and only picture I had. Looking forward to your build and ask any time if I can help :coffee2:

As you can see I had allot going on :toothy2:

Attachments

• ZWR%20on%20Memphis%20cannel%203%20095.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 230
Not sure what hook you are talking about????

I did go back out and look at the jacking instruction sticker really close and you are right about the spring. I never noticed that before. Mine is missing. Might get motivated and fish around in the trunk extensions and see what I can find!

The instructions are kinda' hard to read aren't they? LOL The hook is the part that hooks to the bumper. tmm

Does anyone have a part number or source, struck out on Rockauto?

It took me some time, but I did find the same part that is being sold way too high on ebay to hold these spare tire hold down kits.

It is Dorman part number 41068 only $4.31 plus shipping? It comes to around $10.00 with shipping after a 5% off coupon which can be found via a google search.

Am I frugal or what?

I also decided to finally purchase my door weatherstrip with red wind lace and black for my 64 Hardtop, as well. This cost me $116.89 after the coupon. Grand total for both, $129.10 with shipping!

Once I had the part number from Dorman and Metro molded rubber, it was a piece of cake searching for the parts on Rockauto.com, I love this website!
:thumbup:

-
Back