Look what I found!!

-

lemonboy69

It's JUST a Slant Six...
Reaction score
:headbang:

Finally go around to pulling the interior outta my '67 over the weekend. :thumblef:

Pulled the rear seat and lookie what I found!!!! I was really happy because under the seat on the floor were pieces of a 2nd copy of the build sheet! I really have no history on this car, so this find was definitely exciting! Yeah, it's only a slant six car, but it's still cool to find!

Mike

interior_removal_008.jpg

interior_removal_009.jpg

nice find! i havent pulled the seats outta my swinger yet but maybe one day i will and I hope to find a build sheet there!

White fastback with red interior. Awsome color combo. Are you going to keep it that way ?

Cool find on the build sheet.

That's always a good find. I found two in decent shape in my GTS convertible shortly after we bought it in 1983. They are safely put away.

Thanks guys! That makes it 2 for 2 on buildsheets for my 'Cuda's! :thumblef: Have the one for my '69 framed with special glass that blocks UV rays so it'll never fade! :notworth:

AdamR said:
White fastback with red interior. Awsome color combo. Are you going to keep it that way ?

Cool find on the build sheet.

Adam... kinda sorta. This is gonna get tubs and a full cage, so some interior mods are required, but the red interior is staying. I bought the car with all new carpet, headliner and seat covers in brand new boxes! :thumbrig:

As far as the exterior is concerned... I'd love to go with either a Gun Metal Gray or a nice Silver color!

i pulled mine out. got excited about the build sheet, then reliezed the build sheet belonged to a different car :wack:

littleman66 said:
i pulled mine out. got excited about the build sheet, then reliezed the build sheet belonged to a different car :wack:

Heh... same thing with my dad's '73 Challenger... :wack:

Mouse house... HAHA!

Glad you found yours,

Mine was not under the seats in my Valiant,
not under the carpet either.

Not ontop of the glove box liner neither. :(
waah..... LOL.

I owned a 67 Valiant, about 10-12 years ago,
the build sheet was ontop of the glove box liner.:)

I got nothing with my car but mice ****. Don't forget, if your car is pre-67 Chrysler Historical has build records for your car and for $45 you can get a copy! I did...and what showed up is an IBM card with a lot of the same info as on a build sheet!

Send a cheque or money order for $45.00 (US), along with the model year, make, model and VIN, and be sure to include a copy of the Title for the car in question (they need proof of ownership of your vehicle) to :

DaimlerChrysler Corporate Historical Collection
CIMS 410-11-21
12501 Chrysler Freeway
Detroit, MI

They have the build records for US built cars from 1930 to 1967 and trucks from 1930 to 1950. Plus they have invoices from 1980 to 1984.

More info here: http://www.enbcom.com/board/messages/394/359.html?1078030443

nice find!
i am the first owner in 20years to have both the build sheet and the car at the same time for my car, it traded hands for a long time until it got to me and those pieces of paper are sure very intresting:)

65s - thanks for the info! I might just have to send that money in and get some history with the car... I'd love to know who loaded the front passenger fender with bondo... ARGH! :)

Duster340 - Sounds like you had been hunting a while to get those together. Not everybody is as lucky as those that find the buildsheet....

Really sucks... wish they had put more thought into where they placed the buildsheets back in the day...

Oh, love the avatar pic Longgone!! :D

was doing a clean up of my demon [i ordered it new in 70] took up the back seat and there was this paper stuck under the spring looked at must be factory stuff and tossed it now iwant it back to go with the window sticker I have heard that some times there was another build sheet in these car where would i look :evil2:

Look behind the glovebox, under the carpet, under the rear seat, behind the front seats (I've heard of some there). I don't know where else....

I still have the build sheet under my rear seat. Although most of it is now obsolete since my car was originally a bottom of the barrel slant six no options car.

So true! In today's market though, it's pretty amazing if you've a part of one at all... like a diamond in a bunch of coal!

-
Back