Look what I found!

-

Slappy

Reaction score
Found this in a field in Hawaii. Im here visiting my son before he deploys again to afghanistan. I dont know much about these cars. wonder if its rare? Its just sitting behind some houses in a field. I have a vin# if someone can tell from that.

Attachments

• IMG_9338.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_9339.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 668
I'm just a young gun but that is definitely a Barracuda (or possibly a 'Cuda). The grille is a 1971. Looks like it's in decent shape, I'd scoop that up in a second if it were in the States.

It is a 1971 Barracuda or 'Cuda. The vin will tell you a lot but fender tag will tell you everything. From the two pictures it looks in good shape, just climb under it and look for rust. If you don't see any I'd make an offer on it.

In the mid 80's I lived on Oahu and my neighbor had a car similar to that one.......I wonder?

Judging by the hood and exhaust cut-outs, it's a Cuda but those could have been added. Post the first 6 digits of the VIN and we can tell you in a hurry. If you have the fender tag info, we can tell you even more!

The barracuda was more like your mom/grandma would drive while the cuda was all about "I'm here to take your pink slip tonight :twisted:"

So, what makes a Barracuda a 'Cuda?
The 'Cuda version was made for performance and came stock with certain items geared toward that aim. There were many different packages available through the years so you'd have to look up the codes on the fender tag to see what is supposed to be correct for that particular car. The rally hood and chrome exhaust tips with cutouts in the rear valance was a standard 'Cuda option that year but not exclusive to it.

A few years ago, a good friend of mine went to take a look at a big block Dakota mud drag truck to possibly buy. When he got to the dudes house low and behold he caught a glimpse of what looked like a 71 Cuda' behind the guys garage....and it was so. Already fully tubbed, Dana 60, coil overs, etc; just needed finished. Still had the original grille, original everything!! The dude talked to his wife and she said get rid of it.
My friend picked it up for $3000 instead of the Dakota!!! His dad has a 55 Chevy fully tubbed with a blown small block. He also has a spare blower lying around too....which is making its way to the Cuda'!!

Here is the 'Cuda I watched cross the auction block last weekend:

1971 Hemi Cuda (clone)

The car was nice, but it shows how a clone will never be worth what is cost to make...

If you can buy that car at a fair price it will make a nice driver with some work.

B.

The first 5 digits and letters in the vin will tell everything,almost.
No gills and no holes in the tailpanel for the stainless trim tells me at first glance that its a barracuda and not a cuda,but all could have been changed over time as parts could be tough to find for one there?

Here is the vin# BH23G1B212602 I dont want to open hood because I cant find owner. the interior is complete and has some sort of factory looking tach on column.

Going back to car this week. Im here till next Friday. Wonder if you can ship a non running car? who would ship it? frame rails look good from what I can tell.

71 is the best yr for e body cuda.
it would be a great clone it, has most of the good parts, what engine is in it.?

I'm not positive as I've never shipped a car from Hawaii but I am sure you can ship it if it rolls. It will be expensive to ship it to the mainland but if you get a good price on the car itself it'd definitely be worth it.

-
Back