Looked up and there's the moon!!!

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Just about sunset. Canon 7D, Canon 300mm f2.8 + Canon 2X exender II and Tamron 1.4 extender for a grand total of 840 mm. Manually focused using magnified live view

This is a scaled view of what the original full frame looked like, only much much larger. I used the 10 sec timer to allow the tripod to settle

Cropped and scaled to 800 x pixels

And if I did this right, these are full size crops

Tried this last one with less exposure. Not sure it improved things much. This is a full size crop

2952vba.jpg

I love the pics Del!:thumleft: I don't get that good from my cheapie telescope.....

What do you have? Some of these can be improved with a change of eyepieces

I honestly don't remember, it's been put away for years. Last time I used it was 2004ish off a 9th floor balcony in Florida checking out all the activity in the ocean that was invisible to the naked eye.

Even though we now live in a heavily tree'd area with limited visability, I should dig it out to play with. Your pics made me kind of miss it.

I do remember it had two different power eyepieces. I think the wife probably knows where it's hiding. I'll ask her tomorrow where it is and maybe I can get the specs from it. I actually got it free from points accumulated from buying Camel cigarettes back in the day.....lol. Like I said, it is on the "cheap" side for a telescope, but for novices, it gave us some really cool visions of the moon, stars and other interesting subjects.

Sweet pics Del.
Thanks

I reduced the gamma and noticed this.
What do you suppose that is?

Attachments

• arrow.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 272
  • arrow2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 245
Side note...........these are NOT being displayed full size. You have to click on them and select "display raw image." this photo posting nonsense is starting to irritate me. You are supposed to be able to post up to 800 x 800 pixels, but the damn software reduces them, anyhow.

Side note...........these are NOT being displayed full size. You have to click on them and select "display raw image." this photo posting nonsense is starting to irritate me. You are supposed to be able to post up to 800 x 800 pixels, but the damn software reduces them, anyhow.

Yea, the change trashes images quite a bit as far as quality also.

Looks like these could be craft debris, like a satellite or Nasa leftovers.
Or, maybe it's just shiney rocks who knows.

Attachments

• new.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 231
Always love your pictures, Del. I am sure my digital camera has some capability like that, especially since it is both digital and optical zoom and I have a nice lens kit with it, but I'm too stupid to figure out how to do it. Even with the deestruckshun book.

Canon 7D is a great camera (obviously). What I would do in a situation like that is take a photo with less exposure like your last pic, take it in the .RAW format, then use photoshop or something similar and adjust the lighting for the dark to brighten out and bring the brighter areas down a touch. It's amazing what you will be able to bring out of the picture that you can't see at first.

Awesome pictures!
MUFON would be interested in the UFO crash site on the moon that you have recorded.
Unless the government deletes this thread and shakes you down first!

possible they are the reflectors left so people could accurately measure the distance between the moon and the earth with lasers?

Who knows, it might even be an anomaly right from the camera. More likely, just highlight reflections from the sun. But then..........it.............

Del,
NICE work man! WOW!

That red arrow I think might be pointing out a working satelite, Not of Mopar decent....OR as a few mentioned, NASA debris.......

If nothing else, Martians on their way to take over the world?

-
Back