lookin for pics of a 70 dart bucket seat!

-

Jims71duster

Reaction score
I bought some seats but i need to identify them before I can order the new covers. I have the matching rear seat and it has a tag on the inside bottom but I can't seem to get ahold of anyone who can decode it for me

These are the factory correct 1970 Dart Swinger bucket seats. All "A" body seats are not the same. Duster buckets for example have a different shape and seat cover vinyl. Dart buckets have the unique raised center head rest area and two types of vinyl grain. The back seat covers match the vinyl grain of the front seats.

Seat1.jpg

Seat2.jpg

Those seats are almost exactly the same as the ones I bought but the middle two wide strips on mine are real close together with no smaller strips seperating them as well I have two small skinny horizontal badges on each bucket back and three or four of the same ones on the rear sear back. Year one and legendary both show the exact covers that are in your picture but I cant seem to find mine anywhere. Nice seats you have tho they look great and thanks for posting the pics

The chrome badges are used on Duster bucket seats. My friend bought a set of these to convert his bench to buckets. You can actually use the Duster bucket seats and order replacement 1970 Dart Swinger bucket seat covers. They fit OK but require just a litle foam to be aded where the head rest pillow effect is raised outward on the Dart Swinger buckets. The back seat covers are identical fit. I would go with the Dart Swinger seat covers to the car looks original.

I actually found the right covers. I was off by one year. The ones I need are for a 71 swinger and they where optional seats. head rest is a bit different and the pattern is a bit different than the 70's. yearone book didn't show a pic of the ones i needed and the legendary site only had an artist version but year ones website had a good pic. I'm gunna be into these seats for about 650.00 bux (OMG) but they will look good with new covers and the hard backs cleaned up. Thanks for the help everyone.

-
Back