Lookinf for Carb Suggestions

-

BRMiller

Reaction score
I've got a 70 Duster 340 4spd. The engine is an older build running a Direct Connection Hemi Grind Purple cam (284-284-60 .471 int. and .474 ex.) I'm currently running a carb off a 1967 440 on top of an Edelbrock Performer.

The power is good but seems like it could be more. Throttle response doesn't seem to be what it could. From what I've read this is a 750 cfm carburator and the original would have been an 850 cfm. The carburator has a narrower throat than normal for this engine. At idle the engine seems to load up with fuel and smells super rich.

Would it be better off to go with a new Edelbrock or back to the factory carb? How big do I go with the carb? Any input is greatly appreciated.:yawinkle:

Im running almost the same set up. Same cam, but I have a Holley 750
on it. Had it worked over by a carb shop near by. The set up has gotten
me in the 12's.
I do have a Air gap intake on it though. Hopefully you can see the carb in this pic.

Attachments

• engine pic at mopars in the park.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 98
.............To pick up performance u need a holley or a demon carb, prolly 750...........leave the eddys on the shelf.....factory 1970 340 carbs were approx 650cfm...kim........

I always thought it would be just easier to put an Edelbrock on there. Would a Holley just bolt on or is there more involved to change over?

-
Back