Looking for 1974 Duster starter experts!

-

cruiser

Reaction score
Hi All - Bob here looking for all the starter experts to weigh in on my starter needs. I have a 1974 slant six Duster that needs the original starter. I believe the correct starter for my October of 1973 built Duster is p/n 3656575. Apparently, the best and most original ones have this part number on the motor casing, and also have some appropriate date molded into the aluminum housing part of the starter - a date close to the date stamped below the part number on the motor casing. Does anyone out there know of somebody who sells correctly date coded rebuilt starters? Are there any good starter rebuilders out there who you can recommend? Ideas, anyone?

I'm sure those are highly extremely sought-after so I'm wishing you good luck..

Toke.gif

Problem solved! I found a great guy who had the exact date coded and complete original starter for my Duster. He's Byron Fettig at the Dakota Connection (you can Google him) and within one day of my call, he went through his large stock of old starters. He found the exact one that I needed, and it was nice and greasy - just the way I like them. It cost $50.00 for the part and $12.00 for shipping from Bismarck ND to Minneapolis. So within two days of the call, the new starter was on my doorstep. Amazing! Sent the starter, and my original alternator, to Generator Specialty Co. in Minneapolis, who did an outstanding correct rebuild of both components. I can give my strongest possible recommendation for both these vendors. Good luck and have Byron find that starter for you!

-
Back