Looking for 273 4bbl intake manifold

-

damgirl

Reaction score
I am looking for 64/65 4bbl intake manifold for my 68 dart. I changed out the head and now the edelbrock manifold will not work because of the angle of the bolt holes. I would hate to have to have my old heads rebuild, because I just had these heads rebuild. So if anyone has a intake manifolld (2465726), that they would like to sell. Please let me know. Thanks Angela

Welcome aboard, I am in Soap Lake, nice to see someone else from the central basin. I will keep my eyes open for an intake. I have a 2bbl version if you were wanting something in the mean time to drive the car.

Chuck

340mopar said:
Welcome aboard, I am in Soap Lake, nice to see someone else from the central basin. I will keep my eyes open for an intake. I have a 2bbl version if you were wanting something in the mean time to drive the car.

Chuck
Chuck,

Thanks, I'll keep the 2bbl in mind. I've spent time at Soap Lake, I really enjoy it. Thanks Again.
Angela

340mopar said:
Angela, Here is another option.
When I worked in the aircraft industry there is a self aligning washer that we used to use when the surface was not perpendicular to the bolt hole. Here is a couple of links for those. The 8mm will fit a 5/16" bolt and the 10mm will fit the 3/8" bolt.
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?ItemId=1613562051
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?ItemId=1613562053

Chuck,

I'll give it a try, that would be great if that works for me. We thought about machining the manifold, but not to crazy about that idea. Thanks again!!! Angela

Hey what do you know! I just wondered out to the garage and found a 2465726 if you need one???......... It has been shot blasted already. Thanks.

He he he he. Hell of a screen name. Did you use it because thats what you hear from the boys after you beat them in a race? LOL.

Did you get the intake from suregrip391?

Ohh, before I forget, welcome abord!

I live in the same general area as her and we are down stream of the Grand Coulee Dam, I was thinking it was because of this. A lot of people around here work at the dam or for the Bureau of Reclamation which is related to the dam.

rumblefish360 said:
He he he he. Hell of a screen name. Did you use it because thats what you hear from the boys after you beat them in a race? LOL.

Did you get the intake from suregrip391?

Ohh, before I forget, welcome abord!

Nope, she said she found one local. Guess mine will collect more dust in the garage...LOL I tried.

340Mopar was right. I work at Lower Monumental Dam as a Power Plant Operator. It all started with a new email name and the rest is history. Thank you everyone for the great welcome. I've always been a mopar nut, start when I was 16, but I have a very odd collection of cars.

First Car I ever bought and still have 62 Corvair Conv., 71 Honda Sedan 600, 71 Mercedes SEL 300 6.3 (Very Custom), 97 Swift, 06 Corolla S and last but not least and my fav. 68 Dart 270 bought from the original owner's.

Thanks Again :blob:

hi, welcome, you might have to sneak that car down to renegade raceway at yakima some time. there's quite a few mopar nuts there.

340mopar, I wish I had found out about the spherical washers before. I too had to fiind the 4 barrel manifold for my early 273 heads. Now I know I could have used my Weiand manifold with these washers. Doh! Thanks for the info. i'll get some and try it out.

You can get a brand new Offy intake for the 1965 273 with the small intake bolts from Summit Racing. Its a single plane high raise thats good from idle to 6500 rpms. I have the same thing but the big bolt style. Its a great intake, gave me a smother idle then the Eddy performer I had before and no loss of power at low speeds and better power after 4000 rpms. Thats the intake I would get if you want brand new. Offy has many styles, dual plane, single planes with a high or low carb and dual carbs intakes all brand new still. Some are even right in stock at summit and would ship today.

Well I hope you stick around there damgirl. Seems like a screen name with 2 meanings once you start whopin hide on the asphalt.

-
Back