-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdakrt

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for 383 S Barracuda Hood Inserts. We passed over a set a carlisle two years back and regretted it. These are for my dads car, I have 66-67 b body items I can trade or purchase outright. Possible trade for 340 s inserts as well.

Thanks in advance.

Got some really nice 340s, all painted, ready to bolt on.
Unreal survivor Chrome. No pits.
See if u can find some 383s, then contact me.

68-CUDA-HOOD-INS1-01.jpg

68-CUDA-HOOD-INS2-03.jpg

I'm sorry if the post is not clear. We have two sets of 340's, looking for a set of 383's. Those are really nice tho.

Here is a 383 insert that has not been altered. I really don't know what true colors they were but these are factory and don't really shine. Wheither it is from years of sitting or a different color I don't know.

IMG_1073.JPG

Thanks D
What is the texture like, in the large area outside the lettering? Is it Argent, like the sombrero hats of the early Rally Wheels? Like all pimply?
I want those rims! But I know I can't afford them,sigh....
IMO, they are,of course, the most beautiful wheels ever........ totally HotWheels....and you have THREE sets! .......Whoa.......

Last edited:
Yeah,it has a rough texture,not smooth at all. Spyders are wheels that you either like or hate. I have a set on my 68 convertible and a set on my 63 lemans. Having a set rebuilt for my 65 fastback. But I have been told they are ugly!

I have a set of those 383-S inserts. The pimply Argent paint is different between the sides. I thought it was pimply due to the chrome pitting, so I hit the worst one with steelwool and it came right off. That's when I remembered they were factory painted. Underneath the Argent paint they are almost pristine. The black paint is more or less wore off, not flaked off. There is a "tiny" bit of pitting under that paint along the lowest edge.
The studs are ALL there, but missing one speednut.
The gaskets didn't survive the years; they are there tho,lol.
They're really nice, except will need repainting.
If you're interested jdak, I'll try and get some pics up laaate today, or tomorrow.
I'm saving up to buy MoparMike's 67 fastback, sooooooo help me out.

Yes, I'm interested so long as the price is reasonable. We dont mind repainting them, most need it anyway. The exposed chrome lip must me decent, not all pitted up. Regarding colors, they should look like the 340 s posted by partsmonsta. They chromed the entire piece and then painted.

Yes, I'm interested so long as the price is reasonable. We dont mind repainting them, most need it anyway. The exposed chrome lip must me decent, not all pitted up. Regarding colors, they should look like the 340 s posted by partsmonsta. They chromed the entire piece and then painted.
That's the conclusion I came to.
The unpainted chrome plated areas, on mine, are very nearly pristine. Pics to follow, later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back