-
Status
Not open for further replies.

swing408

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I need and Rally under dash and engine bay harness for a 70 340 Dart Swinger.Looking for a good harness with all the connectors and wires in good shape.Let me know what you got and how much your looking for, then we will discuss shipping cost upon that,thanks!!!

swing408

good luck my friend. i have seen them go for anywhere between 200 to almost 450 in great shape. no one ever gets rid of them anymore. there is another member from up near you looking for one!

fyi. the harness under the hood is no differnt than a 318 harness. the one under the dash is the different one.

good luck my friend. i have seen them go for anywhere between 200 to almost 450 in great shape. no one ever gets rid of them anymore. there is another member from up near you looking for one!

fyi. the harness under the hood is no differnt than a 318 harness. the one under the dash is the different one.

The under dash harness is only 3 wires different from standard. Those are moved from the round main harness connector on the instrument panel to a seperate board connection on the left side of the panel.
In other words buy the nicest standard A-body harness you can find. We'll turn it into a rallye harness

and how much do you charge for this serveice? wondering why you did not witout being asked, if it is so cheap!!!!!!!! lol

The under dash harness is only 3 wires different from standard. Those are moved from the round main harness connector on the instrument panel to a seperate board connection on the left side of the panel.
In other words buy the nicest standard A-body harness you can find. We'll turn it into a rallye harness

have you done this

have you done this

I haven't needed to do it for myself. I've helped others doing the same.
If you compare the wiring diagrams you'll see very little difference in how the instriment panel is wired. Added wire, later model wiper circuits, interior lamps, etc.. are a different issue but nothing that cant be sorted.
To put a 67 to 69 rallye harness in a 70 or later is much more difficult.

right, i understand what you are saying, but how much do you charge to make a 70 regular harness into a 70 rallye harness?????????????????? stop beating aroound the bush !!!!!!!!!! lmfao

right, i understand what you are saying, but how much do you charge to make a 70 regular harness into a 70 rallye harness?????????????????? stop beating aroound the bush !!!!!!!!!! lmfao

I haven't offered to do this for a fee. I think you could do it yourself. If you would rather i do the work, you pay the shipping both ways.

wait. i now am lost. you state there is a minor wiring difference btween the two. and i see on your posts' it says "Cutting the devil out of the A-body rallye dash once and for all. "" now what does that mean? where do you come up with this idea that only three wires are diffent?

then you tell the o.p to go out an find the nicest regular harness, and " In other words buy the nicest standard A-body harness you can find. We'll turn it into a rallye harness""

SO, WHO IS "WE" ??????????????

do you or someone you know know how to change one over, and has been tested?
and, what is the price. you say ship it out and pay for return shipping. does that mean you will do one for free?????????

I ASK THESE QUESTION NOT TO BE IGNORANT, BUT I HAD A LOCAL TELL ME HE COULD DO THE WHOLE THING. HE CHARGED ME 100.00 AND I SUPPLIED THE REGULAR HARNESS. IT WOUND UP FRING ALL THE ELECTRICAL UNDER THE DASH!.
I AM NOT TRYING TO CALL YOU OUT, BUT YET TRYING TO SPEAK FOR OTHER MEMBERS WHO ALSO HAVE FOUND IT HARD TO FIND ONE WITOUT HAVING TO BUY THE ENTIRE SETUP.
I KNOW CRAIG COX UP ABOVE HAS BEEN SERCHNG FOR MONTHS FOR ONE, AND I JUST BOUGHT ONE 2 MONTHS AGO, AND I HAD TO PAY TO THE TUNE OF 400.00 FOR IT. now it is in new condition with no defects, but still 40 years old!

in other words...........HELP A BROTHER OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait. i now am lost. you state there is a minor wiring difference btween the two. and i see on your posts' it says "Cutting the devil out of the A-body rallye dash once and for all. "" now what does that mean? where do you come up with this idea that only three wires are diffent?

then you tell the o.p to go out an find the nicest regular harness, and " In other words buy the nicest standard A-body harness you can find. We'll turn it into a rallye harness""

SO, WHO IS "WE" ??????????????

do you or someone you know know how to change one over, and has been tested?
and, what is the price. you say ship it out and pay for return shipping. does that mean you will do one for free?????????

I ASK THESE QUESTION NOT TO BE IGNORANT, BUT I HAD A LOCAL TELL ME HE COULD DO THE WHOLE THING. HE CHARGED ME 100.00 AND I SUPPLIED THE REGULAR HARNESS. IT WOUND UP FRING ALL THE ELECTRICAL UNDER THE DASH!.
I AM NOT TRYING TO CALL YOU OUT, BUT YET TRYING TO SPEAK FOR OTHER MEMBERS WHO ALSO HAVE FOUND IT HARD TO FIND ONE WITOUT HAVING TO BUY THE ENTIRE SETUP.
I KNOW CRAIG COX UP ABOVE HAS BEEN SERCHNG FOR MONTHS FOR ONE, AND I JUST BOUGHT ONE 2 MONTHS AGO, AND I HAD TO PAY TO THE TUNE OF 400.00 FOR IT. now it is in new condition with no defects, but still 40 years old!

in other words...........HELP A BROTHER OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is we ? well. I dont have a turd in me pocket. LOL
We is me and you, us, the forum, collectively speaking.
"Cutting the devil out of the rallye dash" ? Aparantly you haven't clicked the DeMonDIN link. That refers to switching the radio and climate control locations. makes the panel accept a DIN head unit and makes in 10 times easier to service too.
There really are only 3 wires difference between a rallye instrument panel and a standard instrument panel.
The left turn indiacator wire , and the high beam indicator wire get moved from the main harness connector on the panel to the secondary. 3rd is a added piece of wire required to light up the one illumination bulb on that secondary board. A standard panel commonly has a oil lamp rather than a gauge. The 12 volt supply to that lamp happens on the panel. it cant happen on a rallye panel. circuit board doesn't provide it. the same wire from/to the oil sender will operate a oil gauge. Just change the sender.

If that doesn't answer all your questions , you asked too many :)

ok, so, too many questions i guess.lol thanks for clearing that up. i will have to look into this.

I will have my harness figured out during Thanksgiving, ill post whats necessary if that will help anyone

I suppose I should fill in a gap but please remember I didn't dig this hole, Ma mopar did...
If you have one of the pre 70 A-body jarnesses that doesn't have the round main connector but has 2 of the flat inline type. You'll need to do a lot more moving wires around after you trade a flat one for a round one,
And if you plan to do this yourself , pay close attention to the wire locations relation to the key in the connectors. That key is at 12 oclock in the physical part but is drawn at 9 oclock in the factory schematics. Where the key is hown rotated 90 degrees the wire positions are also rotated 90 degrees. Engineer drawings arent as simple to follow as something that Fords EVT manuals.

I have both the schematic from my 74 and from a 70 rallye, plan is to check ALL the 74 wires then i have made a drawing of the connector and will label accordingly. Then find the appropriate spot on the rallye and plug in, also accordingly. Once i get the thing in there correctly (and i can be sure it works) ill post the final draft of the swap

This can be done but there is more to move then three wires. I have some of these harneses for 70/71. Make me an offer I can't refuse. I would be splitting up a complete dash. Last complete dash with frame I sold was on ebay for 1200. I also have Papers for some of the rust buckets I cut up. Just in case anyone wants to be true to there insurance company when they change a six to a 340.

Didn't know about the 318 one working ,thanks man but mine was a 6cyl one,but good to know!

Holy **** man I did not know man! So on the addresses below I should be able to see how to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back