Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopardeacon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi guys,

New to forum, but glad to find a place for A body true believers, any way I am just finishing up my 1972 Duster cruise night car and it has turned out better than expected, have 5X4.5 ralleys on it, had machine shop convert front to large pattern but currently driving it with transdapt adaptors on rear, so would like to buy a 81/4 rear end with large pattern.Need complete drum to drum w/ hardware. Have found one and struck a deal for it, was supposed to have it out of car in two weeks for me...going on six weeks ago, so the search goes on. Am located in Northern Calif, willing to drive 400-500 miles for right rear end. Let me know if you can help. Call Joe (530)403-8893 or email me [email protected] Thanks

If you found one you better go get it or stay on the guy to get it out. An A-body 8 3/4 with 4.5 b.p. is a real hard part to find.

You can get an 8 1/4 from a Jeep Cherokee. You'll have to weld on new spring perches though. It may be a little wider than an original but you can fix that with the right wheel offset. Most I've seen have 3.55 gears. Just a thought.

Best bang for the buck is to install a 1966-67 coronet or belvedere 8 3/4 rearend. Just need to move the spring pads inward. I have done this alot and works great!!!! Easy as pie. Can usually get one for around $150.00. But be sure it is not from a wagon. It is too wide. And also needs to be those years, not all b body rears are the same size. Also get the spring, shock mounting pads.

i did some posting on 8.8 rear swaps..and those can be had with posis and rear discs ;-)... i did the b-body swap though so :)

A body rear is 57 1/8" flange to flange 64 t0 67 b body including wagons 59 1/2 " flange to flange 68 to 70 b body 60 1/8" and 70 to 71 d body at 59 3/4" these measurements are from the flange that the wheel bolts to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back