Looking for A-bodies to be featured in online Mopar magazine

-

69bronzeT5

My wife's car is faster.
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I'm a freelance writer for an online Mopar magazine called "Mopar Connection". I do mainly news and car feature articles; both restored cars and ones people have found sitting. I've done feature articles on mainly B-bodies and I'm looking to expand and do a few more on A-Bodies. I'm open to everything whether it be 100% OE spec restored or pro-touring and everything in between. Regardless if your car has a Slant 6, 318 or a Hemi, I'm interested in everything! If you'd be interested, please shoot me a PM and we can go from there. I do ask a few things though to qualify for a feature article.

-You must have good quality photos of your car- at least 1000x600 in size preferably. Facebook quality photos won't do. You'll see the type of pictures I'm looking for below
smiley.gif

-Information on your car- the more info the better! Most feature articles are around 1000-1500 words. I've had guys want their cars featured and then send me two sentences of information and that's it. That won't work.

Here's some examples of work I've done:
Cutting It Close: Forrest Mackay’s ’69 Dart Swinger 340 4-speed
On The Second Day: Chris Giardina’s 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
Superbly Unsubtle: Bryan Durdle’s 1970 Dodge Super Bee (Video)
Finders Keepers: Steve Moore’s 1970 Challenger T/A Gator Top
Hawaiian AAR: Dean Nishizaki’s 1970 Plymouth AAR ‘Cuda Replica

Cheers,
Cody

Hello everyone!
I'm a freelance writer for an online Mopar magazine called "Mopar Connection". I do mainly news and car feature articles; both restored cars and ones people have found sitting. I've done feature articles on mainly B-bodies and I'm looking to expand and do a few more on A-Bodies. I'm open to everything whether it be 100% OE spec restored or pro-touring and everything in between. Regardless if your car has a Slant 6, 318 or a Hemi, I'm interested in everything! If you'd be interested, please shoot me a PM and we can go from there. I do ask a few things though to qualify for a feature article.

-You must have good quality photos of your car- at least 1000x600 in size preferably. Facebook quality photos won't do. You'll see the type of pictures I'm looking for below
smiley.gif

-Information on your car- the more info the better! Most feature articles are around 1000-1500 words. I've had guys want their cars featured and then send me two sentences of information and that's it. That won't work.

Cheers,
Cody
I vote for Kegan's scamp....not often are those featured in magazines and his was restored 100% by him!

I guess I'm too old and/or my story is too long. Only pic of our first 67 notch was spit from a Poorleroy One Step camera.
I don't have a pic of the daughters car seat that busted the headliner in that notchback.
I'll assume the majority of your readers have never seen a front facing child safety seat with a hinged, carnival ride styled, safety bar. LOL I gave that car to that daughter when she graduated high school and yes she totaled it.
The above barely summarized chapter 3 of my story. Replacing that headliner in 1984 ( before internet and aftermarket ) makes a interesting few paragraphs. Good luck though

I will look into his car, thank you for the tip! :)

I guess I'm too old and/or my story is too long. Only pic of our first 67 notch was spit from a Poorleroy One Step camera.
I don't have a pic of the daughters car seat that busted the headliner in that notchback.
I'll assume the majority of your readers have never seen a front facing child safety seat with a hinged, carnival ride styled, safety bar. LOL I gave that car to that daughter when she graduated high school and yes she totaled it.
The above barely summarized chapter 3 of my story. Replacing that headliner in 1984 ( before internet and aftermarket ) makes a interesting few paragraphs. Good luck though

I would love to tell your story, unfortunately I do need good pictures. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you my email address and we'll see what we can do with what you have. Cheers!

so - maybe it's just me (I have been known to misinterpret things at times, and yea, I am :poke:ing a little here) but, if we are providing pictures AND a 1000-1500 word description.. what does Cody do? :D

Isn't an online-only magazine just a blog or website?

so - maybe it's just me (I have been known to misinterpret things at times, and yea, I am :poke:ing a little here) but, if we are providing pictures AND a 1000-1500 word description.. what does Cody do? :D

Well, I need enough information about a car to write 1000-1500 words on it. The information itself sent to me doesn't have to be 1000-1500 words. I've had guys send me information about their car where it's literally said "2009 Charger R/T- White Daytona Edition- 5.7L Hemi- K&N CAI, Flowmaster exhaust, Accuair air ride". I can't really do too much with that LOL. Usually guys will send two paragraphs or so of information (around 500 words)....

Isn't an online-only magazine just a blog or website?

Yes- it's a 100% free daily published website magazine. You get the same amount or even more of content (car features, news, tech) a month as Mopar Muscle etc without having to pay for it.

Hello everyone!

smiley.gif

Cheers,
Cody
Where do you send the story to for you to review?

My '74, I can send you info just let me know if you're interested.

image.jpeg

here's a sample of my '66 Barracuda's tale:
Born in Hamtramck, Michigan; raised in Texas; lived in Arizona; came to Canada in 2005; I became the 3rd. Canadian owner in 2014.
When I got it, it had a new interior and relatively fresh repaint in original white + wide stripes. It rides on the original 13" wheels with wheel covers. Someone changed it from 3-on-the-tree to 4-through-the-floor, put in the correct carpet, which hid the fact that it had no hump and pop-riveted floor pans.
Well, all that's fixed now, had a top-to-bottom engine rebuild, double-pot master cylinder with stainless steel lines, and all gauges replaced with new AutoMeters.
GEOFF 1.JPG
GEOFF 4.JPG
IMG_20160510_161722.jpg
IMG_20160611_123720.jpg
Fun to drive and my wife loves the fact that there's a huge amount of leg-room.

interested?

Looking at the cars in the example articles, I can just say my dailydriven Dart's paint only shines when it rains... lol

Hello everyone!

smiley.gif

Cheers,
Cody
I'd be interested, but my car is not pretty. 1967 Barracuda fastback. It was built for under $5k with a 5-speed, injected 318, 4 wheel disc brakes, etc. If that sounds interesting enough, I can put together more of a description.
IMG_1839.jpg

I'd be interested, but my car is not pretty. 1967 Barracuda fastback. It was built for under $5k with a 5-speed, injected 318, 4 wheel disc brakes, etc. If that sounds interesting enough, I can put together more of a description.
IMG_1839.JPG

Sound intresting and looks great to me! Best luck in getting featured!

Hi Cody,
I just wrapped up a 69 Dart GTS build and got it on the road. Take a look at the build thread and let me know.
AlV 69 Dodge GTS project

This is her today.
image-jpeg.jpg

13096019_986699688079072_8595048027481248422_n-jpg.jpg

image-jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Ditto! Hope you get a feature AIV!!!

Last edited:
hi cody,

i'm not good with the new FABO site yet and can't find the link to send you a PM. my restored 68 barracuda is here on FABO under my name - jimharvard. if you're interested in that car i can send you some good pics and information about the car.

get in touch...

jim coster
pittsburgh, pa

Hello everyone!

smiley.gif

Cheers,
Cody

Hello everyone!

smiley.gif

Cheers,
Cody

My car is on this site somewhere. It's been awhile----'68 Hemi Dart streetcar. If it's what you're looking for, PM me & I can send you some detailed pics.........

-
Back