Looking for a new driveshaft

-

72Dart360

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new driveshaft, leaning towards an aluminum shaft. Currently have a 7260 type and want to upgrade to 7290. Mancini seems to have a good deal, what other options are there? When measuring shaft, does upgrading to a bigger yoke etc. matter?

If you are going to change things, then get away from the detroit stuff altogether...

The 7260 is a little smaller then spicer 1310, and the 7290 is a little bigger then 1330 series caps.

You can go to 1310 or if you want 1330 or 1350, you'll have to change the end yoke on the diff and the slip yoke to the series you want to go with...

Then have the shaft made with 1 of the 3 choices above..

Keep in mind that the spicer spl line of joints in 1310 will easily handle 800hp.

I would also steer you to an AL shaft, in the performance world weight lost in the driveline is big for performance.... so going from a 24 or something pound shaft to 11 of 14 pounds is a large difference... very similar to losing 150 to 250 pounds of carrying weight...

Talked to Caster at Action Machine Inc. and he said he will have an aluminum shaft with spicer 1350 yokes in the box on Friday

Yes.

Are you a vendor? If so, you should register as one. And, will you offer FABO members discounts?

I am a member like you, but i live, eat, sleep, drive, race, build, modify everything mopar.. Right down to my shop truck..
I just also happen to own a driveline shop.

i got a chrome molly 3 inch with u joints strane eng thru summit 10 per cent dis no slip joint had one 1350 joints 269 dollars said it would handle 1200 horse best price i could find

-
Back