Looking for a radiator. Suggestions

-

Gator77

Reaction score
I have a 75 duster with a 26 in radiator support .looking for a good aluminum radiator part number .and where to buy thanks for info.

Save yourself the headache and go stock or add a row if you need additional cooling. I have read so many AL radiator posts that did not end well.

Just my 2 cents

I agree, hard to beat an original for looks & proper fit.

I think it's impossible to make a good recommendation on what would be best for your situation without a little more information.

What motor is in the car? HP?
Is the car basically stock or modified?
What climate do you live in?
Do you still have the original fan shroud and fan for your vehicle? clutch or no clutch?
Do you have the original radiator still? 3 row? What condition is it in?
What type of driving do you do most? Hwy?, Racing, or stop and go cruising?

I have the Be Cool radiator and fan set up for my BB Dart and it works but for $1500 but there is stuff that works as good if you search around and measure what will fit.

Do not try to reinvent the wheel here. Stock plus one extra row is fine. :)

I have a 75 duster with a 26 in radiator support .looking for a good aluminum radiator part number .and where to buy thanks for info.
I have had really good results from Griffin radiators using a belt driven 7 blade fan, 160 degree stat ,thru Summit

Last edited:
I see this going 45 posts or more.
Cross flow or down flow? Type of coolant? Stat or no Stat? Fixed fan? Clutch fan? Or electric? All things we need to know to make a honest recommendation. Let the party begin. :)

I see this going 45 posts or more.
Cross flow or down flow? Type of coolant? Stat or no Stat? Fixed fan? Clutch fan? Or electric? All things we need to know to make a honest recommendation. Let the party begin. :)

Dart, it might go 45 posts and if members throw 45 different solutions at the topic starter without knowing his situation, then you are right. We're not really helping all that much.

A lot of this might be extremely repetitive for all you long time members but there is unfortunately an unlimited amount of configurations on most of these cars and the only way to assure the BEST solution, is with good information.

if you guys want to streamline things in this forum and reduce the 45 post repetitive topics, Topic starters should automatically list as much cooling information about the vehicle in question as possible. Then members will be much more likely to participate only if their situation is similar.

Then that information can be used much better by future viewers as well. .02

I have had really good results from Griffin radiators using a belt driven 7 blade fan, 160 degree stat ,thru Summit
I `ve got quite a bit more h.p. than u, and run a 28x19 griffin crossflow. I highly recommend them, I was pulling my car around on a floor jack, and it slipped off the jack and bent the griffin up about an 1 12'' IN THE CENTER/ALONG WITH THE FRONT SPLASH PAN AND LOWER FRONT CRADLE. I STRAIGHTENED AND REPAINTED THE BODY PARTS, AND DID NOTHING TO THE RAD. AND IT`S WORKING FINE. HAVE THE PICS ON MY PHONE FOR PROOF. No epoxy in them all alum welded .----------- disregard caps as always----------

I `ve got quite a bit more h.p. than u, and run a 28x19 griffin crossflow. I highly recommend them, I was pulling my car around on a floor jack, and it slipped off the jack and bent the griffin up about an 1 12'' IN THE CENTER/ALONG WITH THE FRONT SPLASH PAN AND LOWER FRONT CRADLE. I STRAIGHTENED AND REPAINTED THE BODY PARTS, AND DID NOTHING TO THE RAD. AND IT`S WORKING FINE. HAVE THE PICS ON MY PHONE FOR PROOF. No epoxy in them all alum welded .----------- disregard caps as always----------
That's nasty.
I would not give up your day job to become a NASCAR jack man. LOL

-
Back