Looking for a tube chassis

-

75scamp

Reaction score
I'm building a 75 scamp I need a good source for a tube chassis it's going outlaw street.I have seen a kit in jeg's not to sure about that anybody have a good source or running a certain type let me know.

Location, location, location..............

I don't know how close you are to Oklahoma, but this looks like it might be fun.....

Attachments

• Red Colt.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 217
S&W, great products and excellent customer service, they will take the time to answer any and all questions and make sure you understand, Race car gurus and regular car guys.

I'm building a 75 scamp I need a good source for a tube chassis it's going outlaw street.I have seen a kit in jeg's not to sure about that anybody have a good source or running a certain type let me know.

Isn't Don Hardy still in business? For a project like that I'd be calling places & making whatever trip to wherever is necessary............

I'm not on a time frame. I buy the parts as I can I'm doing it rite the first time don't want a store bought race car I want to do most of the work myself and my friends. It just seems like a better project. I will check the links that y'all have shared thanks so much. If anyone is running a jegster chassis I would like some input if there good or not.

How fast do you want to go? If we are talking 10.0 and slower by all means buy a mild steel kit and buid your chassis. If we are talking about 9.5 and faster or chrommoly have a pro build it. I wouldn't trust my life or having it rejected when time to certify plus a tube frame car built by a pro will sell way better than a home built one. Nothing wrong with store bought, I would do it in a heartbeat.

This might be too extreme for what you want, but there was a chassis on another website I get on that was built for a 68 Dart pro mod. It was never taken down the track. He had another chassis built to certify the car to go faster. They wanted $6500.00 for chassis, all floor and tub tin work, had a $7000.00 plus rearend that went with it and some other stuff, just can't remember right off top of my head. If interested let me know and I will see what I can find on it.

I know you are looking for one to build, just thought I would throw this out there.

I'm thinking 9 9.5 range it still has to be streetable some what. Headlights, wipers turn signals. That a street car. I would like the info 360 that just might save me a headache.

-
Back