Status
Not open for further replies.

pri_i_oh

73 dart swinger
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Idealy Im looking for an 8 3/4 or 9" rear end. Preferrably posi, preferrably 373'ish gears. however, that stuff I can do myself. Im really just looking for a good price. I know, in most cases, Ill have to shorten the axle for my A-body but right now Im just seeing whats out there.

Right now I havd a 7 1/4 and eventualy im going to be sweeping up pieces of it and putting them in a bucket. Its originaly a 318 car so Im not sure why someone took the 8 1/4 out for a 7 1/4 but who knows. Hell, maybe even an 8 1/4 would work maybe, for the right price. Ive got a 360 and all im doing is a mild cam, port and polish the heads and a couple of flowmasters. Any ideas??

If you are going to narrow a rear end then you might consider a ford 8.8 out of an explorer. They only need the long side shortened and then you can buy another short side axle. I am doing this in a 72 dart at the moment and I have a 3.73 limited slip about $215 that is cheaper than just a limited slip unit for a 8.25 and will be stronger.

i have an a body 8 3/4 323 sure grip backing plate to backing plate my e-mail is [email protected] if interested no cuting required let me know thanks

i have an 8 3/4 abody housing.
the hard part to get.
axles and center section are no problem.
pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back