Looking for an interior opinions or pros, and cons.

-

71dusterdan

Reaction score
Hey guys, hard at it now on the Duster. Dropped my grille off for paint, dropped the doors off also. Gonna 2 tone the car, black over red...ala KWS' Duster. Was going to carry that theme over into the interior. All the soft parts will remain black, all the metal will be painted red. My real question, do I paint the dash the same high gloss red, or do I have it sprayed in a flat red. I think it would look funny flat. However maybe there are glare issues or some other valid reason that it came flat, and everything else was gloss. Anybody wanna weigh in, or enlighten me to the method behind the factories madness? Thank you!:burnout:

Gloss dashes suck when you drive in the sunlight...it all reflects back into the windshield and your face making it hard to see..whereas the flat paint doesn't reflect as much. Easier on the eyes.

yeah I knew that, been so long since I have been able to drive the car, I thought maybe it was shrouded enough by the pad! Ok, guess it will be flat red for the dash. Thanks

Top of dash black, the rest body color.

Mine is all orange body color and i really don;t get glare from the dash to the glass at all but I wish i would have painted the top of the dash black because it would have looked better in my opinion.

Here's an idea of what yours will look like.

dashtach1.jpg

Had mine bead blasted and primed. Recently, I bought some gloss black from Home Depot, but got some runs. I wet sanded and repainted which made it worse, now I have a run on the top part which meets the windshield. So far, it looks horrible due to my lack of experience and I will sand again. Meanwhile, I have a can of Chrysler flat black staring at me that was bought at a show.
I was so mad and as a punishment, I went out an bought a 21 gal. compressor for myself!

-
Back