Status
Not open for further replies.

65 Valiant

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi there,

i'm looking for some 4 speed parts for my 65 Valiant.

Car was a /6 with a 4 speed manual. But it has the early style A833 with the flange yoke. I talked to Dennys Driveshaft and Brewer's tech support.
Dennys isn't able to build a driveshaft for the flange style output shaft. And this style would be not the best choice to handle the new horsepower.

So i need a short early style extension housing for slip yoke. Must be a 65 or 66 one.
and a 30 spline output shaft in good condition.
The shifter mounting plate shuld be behind the crossmember...
What's about the shifting rods? if i get a short housing i could use my old ones, isn't it?

The most complete 4 speed transmissions i can get are later Overdrive ones. That is not what i want to use.

Would be nice if someone has the parts or some tech supports...

thx JAN

All the '65 and older cars used the bolt on flange type output on an A833. The '66-7 6cyl and 273 used a slip yoke with a 26 spline output shaft. The '67 383 and later transmissions used the 30 spline type.

There ARE folks who can build a shaft for you with the bolt-on flange, with the slip now on the shaft, like a Bronco/ Jeep used.

That flange isn't all that weak, depending. They DID put them behind the 426 wedge/ hemi cars up through 64, so they must not have been all that weak.

Search this site, someone on here posted "who" to go to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back