Looking for good leaf springs for 71 scamp.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

67cudaResto89

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a good new/used set of leaf springs for 71 scamp 318. My left spring is shot and the whole car is sideways its also making my tire scrub throwing the alignment off please pm me if anyone has anything.
Shane

I have a half set of Calvert Racing mono leafs. Just the rear halves, though. I opted for a larger lift, and these were stock height. You should be able to buy the front halves from Calvert Racing. I know you wanted to go used and / or cheap, but I'll sell these cheap and you can get some light weight monos for a reasonable price. I believe they will fit your Scamp. They were in a 73 Dart Sport for 3 months and a 67 Cuda before that that never saw the road. $50 plus shipping. I bought both new rear halves for $189 from CR. I don't know what they sell the front halves for.

Mopar to ya...Is there anything special i have to do to put them in after i get the front halves or do they just bolt in like a stock leaf im still new to this kinda stuff

Mopar to ya...Is there anything special i have to do to put them in after i get the front halves or do they just bolt in like a stock leaf im still new to this kinda stuff

I had the full set installed, but I wanted a higher rear. I called CR expecting to pay $380 for a new set with a higher lift. He told me they sell the rear halves for half price. They are really a two piece leaf with a pin bolt to hold them in the middle and clamps at the ends. They are very nice and light weight. I would call CR and make sure the front halves are available. I believe they are, but I can't say for sure. I found some pics that have the mono leafs and caltracs in them. The bolt that bolts them together is centered under the mounting plate and the U-bolts pull it up and help hold them together. The ends have the gold clamps. They don't clamp tightly, but keep them from separating.

View attachment Exhaust left side at muffler.jpg
View attachment Dana install right 1.jpg
View attachment Dana installed left.jpg

This is the two rear halves that CR sent to me.
View attachment Mono leafs 1.jpg

I had the full set installed, but I wanted a higher rear. I called CR expecting to pay $380 for a new set with a higher lift. He told me they sell the rear halves for half price. They are really a two piece leaf with a pin bolt to hold them in the middle and clamps at the ends. They are very nice and light weight. I would call CR and make sure the front halves are available. I believe they are, but I can't say for sure. I found some pics that have the mono leafs and caltracs in them. The bolt that bolts them together is centered under the mounting plate and the U-bolts pull it up and help hold them together. The ends have the gold clamps. They don't clamp tightly, but keep them from separating.

View attachment 315897
View attachment 315898
View attachment 315899

This is the two rear halves that CR sent to me.
View attachment 315900

Ill give cr a call tomorrow and see what they say if so id be interested def

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back