looking for good muscle car shop on Long Island

-
I haven't lived on LI for years, but wasn't Motion or Speedwin in the Bellmore area years ago. They are probably no longer in existence.

Speedwin's still around, I think & B&R perf. is still around as is S&K speedshop. Anymore most shops are "specialty" shops. What do you need done?

Motion has been closed for several years now. The owner relocated to Fla. and is doing work there for his own self.

Craig, what work are you looking to do that you need done?

i want to eventually biuld up the motor, rear, and put in a man valve body for the trans...stuff like that.

A manual valve body, most any trans shop can do, although I hear Vitar Engineering from YEARS ago is back in business, The rearend, I'd probably talk to some local racers. for your engine, as close as you are (relatively speaking) I'd go to Ray Barton in Pa. Why limit yourself to LI?

Craig, you may want to ask around before dealing with Barton these days. I have never worked with him but have been hearing some nightmare stories about his work and some machining issues that have come up. We are all human but when it comes to machining, supposedly they make zero mistakes there and won't take responsibility for their mistakes.

I have heard three similar stories directly from the people that have had engines built there. Again, I am just suggesting that you check into this before making a move with them because it could be a costly one. BTW: If you want to get in touch with the folks that troubles, let me know and I will try and get you their contact info. Good luck.

if you want to take a ride into central jersey i know a real good reliable shop. pretty much all phases of resto to race cars.

for your engine, as close as you are (relatively speaking) I'd go to Ray Barton in Pa. Why limit yourself to LI?

OMG, LOL! Have you ever tried to get off of Long Island at anytime! Somewhere around 3:00 am you can make the Pa. boarder line in about 1-1/2 (Speeding of course) from where he lives and he's close, relatively speaking of course.

I can understand the looking at a map and seeing how close we are HemiCop. No harm, no foul. But it is a bear and a half to get out,,,er,,,, off the Island.

Heck, if you wanna travel, I know a couple of shops here that go in high reguard.

A co-worker that runs super comp has been useing PCHS for years. The owner/machinest is an old racer himself and has several champ cars hanging on the wall.

El-Sasser is also a good shop.

In Ronkonkoma theres plenty of places to shop for a engine.

Ha ha ha, those are the names. PCHS and El-sasser.

Let me talk to my old mechanic in massapeaqua for ya.

OMG, LOL! Have you ever tried to get off of Long Island at anytime! Somewhere around 3:00 am you can make the Pa. boarder line in about 1-1/2 (Speeding of course) from where he lives and he's close, relatively speaking of course.

I can understand the looking at a map and seeing how close we are HemiCop. No harm, no foul. But it is a bear and a half to get out,,,er,,,, off the Island.

Rumble, grant it, it's been awhile since I lived there (In Queens, actually) but I just thought for the expense he's gonna have going to one of the better shops would be worth it. I had RBRE build me a Hemi & I was sorry I sold it (long story) but I just didn't know of any LI shops that had experience with Mopars & the parts inventory to accomodate him. Don't know about there, but here in Phx if it's not a SBC or SBF you may as well speak Aramaic:sad10:

Anyone have a good shop in mind that does work and mods on these cars?

You're in Bellmore, why not go down to the train station on Friday night to the cruise in and ask around. Last time I went was in July, the place was MOBBED. You'd probably get more info than you'd know what to do with.

Also, look up the Mopar Power Club of L.I. Someone should be able to tell you where to go. http://www.moparpowerclub.com/

What about doing stuff yourself?

Stay away from JM Preformace, He is a nice guy untill he gets your car. He becomes nasty and then he acts like he is doing you a favor. My car was supposed to be their for a month. It turned into a year. And the car still does not run good.

(No insult ment.)
Don't know about there, but here in Phx if it's not a SBC or SBF you may as well speak Aramaic
ROFLMAO. OMG! That was good.

Pro street performance in the Bronx is doing the stright axle and engine install in my valiant. He does everything from general muscle car repair to back half's, engine build's blower motor's whatever you need.

His name is Richie, his E-mail is [email protected] or you can contact me at [email protected]

-
Back