Looking for help with rear wiring...Wiring plug ins?

-

OlDuster

Reaction score
I am looking for some help with my rear wiring on a 73 Duster. I need to know where the plug-in or plugs are? I know the wiring is on the drivers side. Is there a plug in the trunk area? I had my car stripped down to the bare metal but do not remember the location of the rear plug-in (assuming they have a rear plug-in). I just completed rebuilding the front end. New torsion bars, all new bushings, new balljoints, new rod ends, seals, bearings, etc. I can handle that but wiring is not my thing.

I have no electrical power to the rear of the car. I have no flashers, tail lights, brake or turn signals. (Front lights work OK) I have checked the ground and the fuses. Both are good. Sounds like the plug-in is disconnected to the rear harness, correct. Where do I look?

Thanks for the info. I was ready to tear the rugs out of the left side of the trunk. I will check the plug behind the kick panel. Hope this works. Thanks!

There is a plug in the trunk...It's for the trunk light and switch and taps into the harness...My 72 didn't have the lamp and harness only the mount...I got it out of a 73 Dart Sport...

Hope this helps....If you need it bigger I can e-mail it to you...
20046156511065968418314.jpg

Wow! This is great to get the wiring schematic. I do not have this info. Can you please send this to me on my email address? [email protected] I will print it and take it with me the the auto electric shop. I have a short in the system but cannot find it. I'm certain they will figure it out. Thanks for the information. :drunken:

Hey Olduster if you need the wiring manual for a duster, I can send you one on cd when I get back to Hawaii. I thought I sent you one before, or was it just a printed section :? Anyway if you need it just let me know.

-
Back