Looking for Horsepower Guesstimates on Friend's Build

-
THIS is the kind of info I was looking for. My buddy has been repeating what he read on Summit's page and not what is on Howard's page.
Anyone care to change their guess now that we have the true cam specs?

Lift: .520 / .530, Duration @ .050: 229 / 235, Centerline: 108, Mild lopey idle, Street/mild bracket, Good low to mid-range performance
So , what was your guess and what was your buddys guess ?

My buddy and I were having a few cold beverages the other night and he started talking about the engine that he recently had built. We got into a friendly disagreement about what kind of power his engine is making. I don't want to slant the debate by giving our opinions, but would rather you all look at the info we have and make your own guesses. Later, I will show him this thread no matter what the outcome. His builder doesn't use an engine dyno so all we have is guesstimates. I'm trying to get him to take it to a local shop that has a chassis dyno so we will know the truth in the end.

Here's his build.

440 .030 over
stock crank and rods
Ross forged/flat top pistons #82008
Edelbrock heads #60825 right out of the box
Howards hydraulic roller camshaft #720555-12 Advertised Duration 282/288, Lift .525/.525
Howards hydraulic roller lifters
Harland Sharp 1.5 ratio rockers
Mopar M1 single plane intake
Brawler 850 cfm carb
MSD distributor and Digital 6 box
TTI 1 7/8" full length headers

View attachment 1716155355
Sweet looking engine bay by the way. Love that color. Got any more pics of the car?

What color code is this?

We don't think that it was repainted a factory color, but they did a good job on it.

1699042588399.jpeg

1699042617333.jpeg

-
Back