Looking for ideas for Putting large Dodge Logo on Quarter panel of Drag Car

-

340dartley

Reaction score
I have a 1969 Swinger race car that has a cheep but mostly ok looking paint job. The previous owner had Vinal lettering on the quarter panel and rear roof side panels. I have decided to remove the lettering as it was advertisement for his business and he is retired now. I found it fairly easy to just peal the lettering off but on a couple of places the paint came off with the lettering. The paint is not a real high quality job but looks ok from 30 feet. It will need to be stripped eventually and repainted but for now I was thinking of putting Dodge in large lettering on the quarter panels similar to old super stock cars and temporarily cover up the flaws. Trying to decide weather to stencil and paint it on or New Vinal stickers. What ideas do you guys have? Dodge placement similar to this.

706a6f8970910af8d1c2845f879f54b8.jpg

decal, its very thin and comes off easily with heat. Easy to put on too: flood area with distilled water and maybe a drop of dawn soap, float the decal on and squeegee water out.

decal, its very thin and comes off easily with heat. Easy to put on too: flood area with distilled water and maybe a drop of dawn soap, float the decal on and squeegee water out.
Where do I get decals or do I have them made?

I vote for paint. My friend bought an old dart drag car and it was hand painted by a well known pinstriper in the 80's. Vinyl is cheap, easy, and can be removed. But painting is old school cool.

IMAG1209.jpg

Landys Dart above is a Direct Connection decal/sticker.
I found this set of DC decals, at the Spring Fling years ago.
You can still find them, if you are patient.

IMG_20150727_181403505~2.jpg

-
Back