Looking for info on 340 Torker performance mods

-
I remember Joe Sherman saying he add a total of 7 spacers on an engine and every time he add one it made more power. Plenum volume dampens reversion.

The only way a mismatch would improve things is if it took fuel off the walls and re-entrained it.
Drill a hole and use a scope lol

Fer what you think it's worth..... EM did a test of gasket matching, and I frankly was surprised how much more hp they claimed. I don't have access to it at the moment, so I've got no more info than that.
As for the oval port intake on a big port chevy head, that is a HUGE mismatch, FAR more than the typical smaller intake that is not port matched. I can believe the bbc mismatch would have an effect on reversion, but not the eighth inch or less on a typical manifold/cyl head mismatch.

When I posted in post #4, I was going by memory. I have gone through my files & found the original Edel instruction sheet.
Three sides of the intake are blended but the long side is left as cast, overhanging.
While this might not add any peak HP, it may well improve drivability at lower rpms.

img422.jpg

I'm glad to see the interest in the Torker. It had a bad rep for a little while, as a race piece maybe it isn't the best but for street /strip I believe it was designed to fit under street hoods as a low rise single plane. That was the intent. A street car with a single plane for the strip (or streetLOL!) mid/high rpm race situation .

I'm glad to see the interest in the Torker. It had a bad rep for a little while, as a race piece maybe it isn't the best but for street /strip I believe it was designed to fit under street hoods as a low rise single plane. That was the intent. A street car with a single plane for the strip (or streetLOL!) mid/high rpm race situation .
It's a great street/strip manifold, especially with a Thermoquad

For my torker, I just opened up the plenum a little and gasket matched to the heads. I also put on a 2.5" offy spacer with a 1/2" wood spacer on top of it to try and insulate the carb. (I live in the desert so **** gets hot)
Then I had my buddy sandblast it all to un-polish it to try and get some better atomization.
I left the runners alone in the intake to try and increase port velocity some too.
Not sure if all my mods worked; but it revved really snappy up to 7k, and it pulled hard up to ~6800.
20231021_172245.jpg
20231021_220637 (1).jpg
20231021_220645 (1).jpg
20231028_171335.jpg
20231028_171344.jpg

-
Back