Not open for further replies.

Johnny Mac

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Wondering if anyone out there has a 1 7/8 or a 2 inch, or stepped set of headers for a smallblock A body they're looking to part with. I have a great line on a brand new set..but still looking for a used set to try and save and maybe coat after fitment.

Thanks guys!

Hello,
I have a new set that was only used to Dyno my engine. They are HPC coated from hooker. The information is below and I would be willing to trade them for a new set of coated TTI's, and you pay shipping. I can send pics if needed.
Martin

Brand Hooker Headers
Manufacturer's Part Number 5204-1HKR
Part Type Headers
Product Line Hooker Super Competition Headers
Summit Racing Part Number HOK-5204-1HKR
UPC 700414051062

Header Style Full-length
Header Material Steel
Header Finish Silver ceramic coated
Primary Tube Diameter (in) 1 3/4 in.
Collector Attachment 3-bolt flange
Collector Diameter 3.000 in.
Tuned Yes
Primary Tube Gauge 18-gauge
Cylinder Head Port Shape Rectangular
Flange Style Standard
Flange Thickness (in) 5/16 in.
Reducers included No
Y-Pipe Included No
Motor Mounts Included No
Transmission Mount Included No
Quantity 1 pair

You two fellas can work something out if you like. i should have clarified the minimum i can use is 1 7/8. i might look at a set that was 1 3/4 stepped to a 1 7/8 but i'm making 600 plus horse and my custom cam guy tells me i'm leaving alot on the table with anything less than a 1 7/8

i guess i should add i do have a pair of 1 5/8 ceramic coated headers that were used for a few years i'd be willing to trade... on the off chance that someone bought a 2 inch set for their 318 that proved to be too much lol

Hedmans are much better performer than tti in that range, but, you have to cut the inner to get one pipe installed.

my inner fenders are spotless, i won't be doing any hacking. i'm sure like everything else i've had to do for this engine i'll get stuck buying a brand new set off the shelf

Stahl makes a set in 1 7/8 " I haven't seen anything else that big for a small block with a standard port.......I imagine there are some out there. I just haven't seen them.
They also offer W-2 flanges.
I used an unwelded kit from them without flanges to do up a set for my W-9 in an early A.
Lots of fun.
Oh yeah.....bring your wallet too. They aren't cheap , but they are a very nice part.

tti has 1 7/8" in std flange and you'll pay about a 30hp penalty from my experience with them.

You don't or shouldn't have to cut anything on the car to install them. How they fit, i don't know. Others on the forum have them.

Hooker used to make a set of 1 7/8" headers that were 10 pieces. I have a set on my race car and putting them in is like trying to put together a chinese puzzle with the directions written in Arabic. They do a great job of scavanging the exhaust gases, but are a PITA to install. Just my thoughts.

mopar and cheap never go together. if this thing was a camaro it'd run 7's by now.

The tubing has gone up , my friend.
With coating , I'll have better than a grand in a set I built.
The un-welded kit from Stahl has pre bent tubes that you will need to cut position and weld. 500.00 with 3 1/2 " collector less flanges. W-9 flanges from SPD 160.00 , 4 into 2 into 1 X 3" collectors from Flowmaster were a buck forty. I'll try both on the dyno before I see what it likes and go with those.
Coating will be around 260.00 I am thinking......I pick them up next week.
Having someone else build them would have added around six bills to two G's depending on material and vendor.
But getting large tube equal length primaries that fit inside the stock frame is a real treat I bet.
I don't have torsion bars or inner fenders and I had around 45 hours into them.
If someone made W-9 headers with the required tube size and length for what I was doing , I would have given them 900.00 and did what ever unspeakable things they liked.......and considered it a bargain.
I think Stahl's welded headers are around 1600.00 and I don't know if that included coating or not.

70aarcuda. are those standard port?

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Part-Type/Headers/Header-Style/Full-length/Make/DODGE/Model/DART/Engine-Size/5-9L-360/Primary-Tube-Diameter-in/1-7-8-2-in/?Ns=Price|Asc

almost $900 for $50 worth of tubing someone threw in a jig and spend an hour welding together...i'm apparently in the wrong business.

18 gauge and 5 /1 6 " flange .....they are light weight........great for a race car.
Maybe not so much for a streeter.

i found this set in the garage let me know

Attachments

• hoagland parts 7 001.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 236
  • hoagland parts 7 003.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 223
  • hoagland parts 7 002.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 228
thank god i don't have to spend 1500 on them like some of you guys did. i mean i can't really complain on the price i get through "racer discount" a new set of hedmans would run me 650-750, thats a pretty penny off retail, its just to the point where i'm skipping meals to finish this stupid thing...it eats every spare cent. i shelled out $120 for a hardened oil pump shaft today. it's little things like that that rip you apart on final build you don't consider. every time you walk past the car another $100 bill falls outta your pocket! :p

Sabres look like Black Jack AK5000's... If they are .. fitment is :( ..... i had a set for an F body years ago...

so far - stahl, headman & tti are the only 1 7/8" header manufacturers?

I have a set of 1 7/8 Hedman headers. $375.00 + frt. You will have to put a hole in each inner fender.

you will find that most 1 7/8 or 2 inch header is going to have one tube that goes out thru the fenderwell...TTi is going to be your only choice if you want them all under the chasis...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back