looking for licence plates

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
hi Y'all

i know this isnt A body mopar related, but i am looking for only one licence plate from each state in the U.S.A. i have the perfect place in my garage to line em up and add to the decor i am going for in this work space. i would prefer plates that arent beat up. anybody have plates to donate to my cause. i already have texas. my old pickup truck plates LOL

LMK privately at [email protected]

thanks
matt

I think I might have a rare Alaska one for you. Have to wait till next month when I get back home.

I think most of us collect plates and probably have too many of certain states.

Maybe a plate trading thread?

I have too many Michigan plates and need a few other states to complete my collection.

i am not looking for super old vintage plates, even the reflective modern plates would be fine too. however i dont want bent or mangled stuff. just would like to get 1 nice clean example from every state is all. if your state plates have a unique slogan or print on them such as the georgia peach plates, or florida citrus plates that makes em cooler to me

i have a set of vintage 67 texas plates i am restoring to put on my 67 cuda. i also have a pair of my old truck tags that will be the first to mount up. as a side note texas will let you reissue old texas vintage plates if they are in good or restored condition. however they must be the same year as the car they are going on, and must be painted back to the original colors if they are restored.

i built a new shop recently to get my stuff out of the house attached garage this way i can paint and not stink up the house LOL. im not married so no little woman to ***** about it , but i really didnt want the gas water heater pilot light to blow me up from excessive fumes.

anyhow the new shop is all steel, and insulated. i need to make it feel a little lived in, the main C channel running across the loft area is 6" tall and 31 feet long and is perfect for screwing on a licence plate from every state.

if you have a plate you wish to donate to my cause please email me privately at [email protected], and please include a pic of it.

thanks
matt

I have an Arkansas plate for your Garage Matt, I will be sending it out very soon, That is my Granddaughter watching a video and singing to it..
I hope you enjoy being a gold member and enjoy all the perks that come with it, Merry Christmas from your Arkansas friend on the hill :coffee2:.

Mike...............

Attachments

• 1775404102805296043v9ldd8zc.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 363
I hung my dads up just for memory. He's gone but some of his things live on. These are actually his plates and some are my grandads

Attachments

• steve%20309[1].jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 363
Let me take a look and see if I have a spare South Dakota plate from my Dart (last four numbers are 1967)think it is around 10 years old or so.
Aaron

I can donate a few to the cause, let me look tomorrow and see what I can come up with for you.
C

I will take a look tomorrow and see if I have any extras. FWIW, I have a complete state and Canadian run for 65 (since I have 65 cars), a virtually complete Virginia run of plates from when they started issuing plates, a complete state and Canadian run of my birth year, a complete run of states that issued Bi-Centennial plates (1976), and a good start of a Presidential Inauguration set of plates. 99% were acquired before the internet through Hemmings!

Matt is not responding to this thread so I am not sure if I would want to send a plate
that was on one of my trucks in my name to him............ or any pm's..

If anyone has usa plates that they want to still get rid of ...I would love to get all states ....I just finished redoing my entire garage and would love to have the usa plates up ....drop me a line if you have any extra ones. Pictures of the garage redo will be up soon.

Old post march of last year.

Yea I did see that Ray, I was looking up info on the member and he had to have seen it......But I just Found out the deference of using a smart phone and not a computer
Matt can't see a full screen and has been very VERY busy and has his plate full..
After all this Christmas stuff is over I will be sending him my plate for his garage
along with a hand written apology letter and hope he has time to enjoy some down time
in his garage with his barracuda

hi guys

my plan is to have one of each state if i can find one of each. new or old doesnt matter to put in my garage. i have a 6" C channel beam that supports my loft in my shop. i want to line this with the plates, i got a georga trailer tag from my father in law, and i have a texas tag, so i am on my way. just finally got on my home computer and saw the thread. memike is right im busier than a one legged man in an A$$ kicking contest LOL. hopefully it will slow down a bit and i can catch a breath soon.

if ya got a tag you want to send me just PM me and i will give you an address to send it to. one i start putting them up i will take and post pix of em.

matt

I have Texas and Missouri plates to swap...I need Jersey and Indiana and Arkansas....CA...let me know what you want to trade. I just did a swap for some Germany plates..but that gets kind of expensive. :) But I'm getting 6 Germany plates.

-
Back