Looking for my 68 GTS Dart

-

Aeromonte

Reaction score
Back in high school I had a 68 Dart GTS. It was a factory 383 4spd car with a Dana 60 rear. The car was Dark green, black vinyl top with a white tail stripe and black interior. It had a very well built 383 with fender well headers and dual point dist. The quarters had been cut out for the racing slicks before I got it. The torsion bars were jacked up so the car stood tall in the nose. I modified the front turn signals with lenses from an old Schlitz beer clock(I know but I was kid back then). Anyway the year was 1979 and I had joined the army. I had twisted the driveshaft out of it rowing through the gears and the car was down. I had no place to store it so it got sold for.............$100. It had Crager S/S wheels with a set of slicks bolted to a set of Crager S/S wheels. It also came with another 4spd and a new Lakewood two piece scatter shield and clutch assy. I lived in Keyesport Illinois and sold the car to a guy from the Highland Illinois area. It was never seen again by anybody. I heard it may still be in a barn collection in Illinois. I don't necessarily want it back but i would like to know what ever happened to it. I'll try to dig up a pic later.

Nope not it. My quarters were cut out round and not that high up. My front end sat higher also almost like an old gasser. Man that thread makes me want another GTS soooooo bad.

Here is the only pic I have of the car. Probably late 1978

Attachments

• img002.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 131
Good luck in your search
I just got my 68 340 GTS a few weeks ago,original red,black top,interior and stripe.Sat in the same spot in a driveway for 20 years(tires were sunk in the pavement about 2 inches)freed up the holley carb,put some fresh gas to it and it fired right up.
Doug

Attachments

• 000_2464.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 121
There is one on ebay. It is in Maine. Cut out rear quarters,green but it has a white top. Has a 383 in it but was 340 car.

My car was really built. On slicks with open headers and racing gas it ran a best time of 10.3 at Gateway in St Louis with someone else driving. It also had a pistol grip shifter in it. I hung the shifter up between 2nd and 3rd one night and twisted the u-joint off the rear end. When the drive shaft came out it broke the bell housing and ground the clutch to nothing but the 383 was still running. I saved and bought the new Lakewood scatter shield and new clutch assy but never got them installed. I was 17 and joined the army so mom made me sell the car at a fire sale price. Years later I managed a body shop in the town where it supposedly went but nobody had ever seen it or heard about it being there. It just vanished.

-
Back