Looking for my cars original 340

-

carnuts94

Reaction score
I know this is a long shot, but I am looking for the original 340 from my car.

V.I.N.# LM23P9B331109

If anyone has it in their parts hoard, and is willing to part with it, please contact me. Even if it's in your car, I'm willing to trade for a replacement of equal or greater value.

I'm always checking every 340 I come across for my original.
If I happen to come across yours I will let you know.

If you find a 1970 340, BS27H0B184371 let me know ;-) it would be a late 69 casting...

If you find a 1970 340, BS27H0B184371 let me know ;-) it would be a late 69 casting...
I check all as well. I'll watch for yours as well. Thanks

Yep, always looking, took a look at 10 of the lately, still looking for 9B306021...

I know this is a long shot, but I am looking for the original 340 from my car.

V.I.N.# LM23P9B331109

If anyone has it in their parts hoard, and is willing to part with it, please contact me. Even if it's in your car, I'm willing to trade for a replacement of equal or greater value.

I have a block dated 7-9-69. I was told it was from a Barracuda/Cuda but I don't recall the reading on the stamping. It is .030 over and ready to reassemble, the crank is ready, etc.
I know it is a long shot but what is something like this worth in realistic, fair money to both sides? I'm not one to squeeze every last dollar from anything.

I have a block dated 7-9-69. I was told it was from a Barracuda/Cuda but I don't recall the reading on the stamping. It is .030 over and ready to reassemble, the crank is ready, etc.
I know it is a long shot but what is something like this worth in realistic, fair money to both sides? I'm not one to squeeze every last dollar from anything.
Too early of a 69 casting for my car.
Check the VIN number stamped on it though and let us know. Who knows someone else might be looking for it.

As far as value, I haven't bought or sold a 340 block in a while.

Last 70 340 block I sold, was for $500 with steel crank and a pair of heads. That was maybe 10 years ago.
Sold it to Mark Worman, Graveyard Carz
He installed it in my wife's cousin Bob's 70 340 Tor Red Cuda.

This is it:

Thanks.
No offense, but $500 would not be nearly enough to motivate me to sell. I'd have to pay that for the equivalent condition 360 nowadays.
It would feel good to help reunite an engine with a car but I'm not sympathetic enough to sell that cheap!

01 funny 2.jpg

With that date code it would be for a 1970 car. I just sold a 340 block for $400 and it had some issues. For yours I would want $1200 minimum...

I believe my car's block would have a casting date between January and March of 1969. The car's production date was March 21st @ Hamtramck, Mi.

No worries. It was not an offer to buy. "¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
I wouldn't be trying to buy a 340 for the same price I sold one for 10 years ago.

The guys at B&B Hobbies in Spokane used to have a whole slew of 340 blocks. Anyone reached out to them and asked? Been awhile since I saw either of the brothers, but seems like they are still around. Ask for Bruce, I think.

The guys at B&B Hobbies in Spokane used to have a whole slew of 340 blocks. Anyone reached out to them and asked? Been awhile since I saw either of the brothers, but seems like they are still around. Ask for Bruce, I think.
Didn't know about them. Will have to check. Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up. It's leads like these that make it slightly possible for someone to find their lost gems.

Just checked my '70 340. VIN 0B258245. I'm not sure on the VIN on my '68 340, but it is a fairly early car. I also look for my original at times. It went missing around 1980 in the San Jose area. It would be 8B111754.

-
Back