Looking for new leaf springs

-

440nika

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm looking for a good leaf spring to install onto my 70' Dart that will give me a couple inches lift over my old stock spring height. I'm trying to get a ride height where my body sits around the top of my tire tread, if you know any companies and prices please let me know. Thanks Dave!!!!!!!

those helper springs work well.I had a tire clearance problem on my duster and put on a set for a quick fix and they worked so well they are still on there!

JC Whit makes them in many weights. So your lift will vary, done side is poor traction if racing.

Odds are your old springs are saging after all the years of holding up your car. So be careful when you get a new set. If you tell them you want 2" more hight out of your springs they are going to give you 2" more than stock. So if your srings are saging 2" then that will rase your car up 4". I replaced my saging springs with Mopar S/S ones it rased it about 4" but my old springs were shot and it needed it. Now my wheel well is about even with the tire.

I've seen different people make reference to the Mopar S/S springs and they all seemed happy with them. Where do you buy them and what do they cost? I'm not racing the car so I'd also like to check out the helper springs in J.C. Whitney but how do I figure on which ones (In sizes) I need and is there any modifications that need to be done with them like changeing to a longer U-Bolts or anything else? Last question, What is the difference between the Mopar S/S springs and the ones I see in Summit Racing and on Ebay that say " HD Mopar springs"? Thanks Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen different people make reference to the Mopar S/S springs and they all seemed happy with them. Where do you buy them and what do they cost? I'm not racing the car so I'd also like to check out the helper springs in J.C. Whitney but how do I figure on which ones (In sizes) I need and is there any modifications that need to be done with them like changeing to a longer U-Bolts or anything else? Last question, What is the difference between the Mopar S/S springs and the ones I see in Summit Racing and on Ebay that say " HD Mopar springs"? Thanks Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave, there`s a couple things you could do to raise the car height in the rear. One would be to lengthen your shackles, two would be to block your springs at the U-bolts, and three (the best method) would be to replace your leaf springs with a new set of springs. A friend of mine just bought a pair from JC Whitney and we put them on his car last week. It sits really nice now. The arc in the springs looked identical until we put the weight of the car down on the new ones. They didn`t straighten out nearly as much as the old ones and kept a nice arc. It sits just a lttle over the tire in the rear now. Monroe sells a shock that is for use with towing packages and includes a spring that fits over the shock. They might help too. HTH.

My springs on my 67 are from Espo, and they are considered 2" over stock. The wheels are 17", so don't let your eyes deceive you. SS springs will make it look pretty jacked up in the back, but not much more than in the avitar picture you have. I know a lot of people were complaining about SS springs in the early 2000s after they started making them in Mexico. They lost their arch quickly. I'm not sure if that problem has been fixed or not.

Picture%2520004small.jpg

Not had them on long, but I picked up a set of new springs from springking0001 on eBay. Hope I got that name right. I did a post about them not long ago if you want to do a search. Anyway, emailed direct for my '71. Purchased the later model '73 - '76 hd which gave a 2 inch lift over stock. No real issues installing, just be careful to support the body etc. with jack stands. Paid $200 or $214 or something like that delivered to my door.

One note, the later car springs have a larger bolt for the front eye. You can either drill out the mount you have and pick up a new bolt and nut at the hardware store or do what I did which was to snag the front mounts off a '73 4 door at the pick and pull.

Raised the car up so that the top ribs of the tyre are all that is covered. Have 235/60/14's.

Best of luck.

Cheers

I'll vote for" Espo Springs and Things" I replaced the saggers on my 66
a few years ago. Good fit, reasonable prices and great service. I miss counted
the leaves when I ordered. I had 6 leaves and replaced them with 5 leaves.
I'm happy with the lighter pair and they still lifted the rear like I wanted. toolmanmike

Hey Guys, I went onto espo.com and they don't list any leaf springs. They had all the spring brackets and bushings along with a few more items and tools but NO springs listed at all for a 70' Dart. Am I missing something or do I have to contact them direct for spring prices and availabilty. Thanks Dave

Hey Guys, I went onto espo.com and they don't list any leaf springs. They had all the spring brackets and bushings along with a few more items and tools but NO springs listed at all for a 70' Dart. Am I missing something or do I have to contact them direct for spring prices and availabilty. Thanks Dave

CALL them. they took the springs off the site a while ago to try to push some of their other products. they still sell springs but you have to call about them.

Thanks to all you guys, as always if you need to find a part "New or Used" this site is the place to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dave

-
Back