Looking for OE numbers

-

towtruckmikey

Reaction score
So I have searched, and searched to no avail. I am looking for the part # for the original radiator that came in my '72 Scamp with a /6 225 with 3 speed auto.

Looks as if the car was originally equipped with A/C but all that was torn out before I got it..

Any ideas on where to look ? I also believe it is a 22" radiator, but I could be (and sometimes am) wrong.

Thanks guys and gals.

This should help.......

Attachments

• Slant 6 Radiator #'s.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 128
From the 1972 parts manual, lists both 19 and 22" options. Fender tag, if you have it, should specify core size. If a/c car I only see 22" option though and I would go with a 22" anyway. V,L Val or dart.

'72 a-body 198/225 19" with auto trans - 3574648

'72 A-body 22" /6 engine -
225 - w/a/c core stamp number - 3574647.
198/225 - W/max cooling 22" - 3674646

Attachments

• rad 72.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 134
N51 is "max engine cool". I don't know what that includes. Somebody else will.....

Got it and thanks again......

The whole question thing revolves around my radiator not being bolted to the core support on the right side anywhere. Don't even think its the correct radiator, there are no numbers on the top tank anywhere.......... Now that the car dosent have A/C I was hoping to find a correct fit for a /6 w/o A/C

Going to wait for another car show, and pop some hoods to get a better view.

other than the core number there is nothing really discernible with the radiator between having a/c or not, extra hoses etc. The tubes and fins maybe a different gap or space to help compensate the condenser in front of the radiator while in the car. In your case a non A/C car uses a 19" instead of a 22" radiator.

-
Back