Looking for Oil Pan and Pickup Input

-

Detroit Iron

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm building a stock 360 date code 1975. I'm running a stock windage tray on this engine and have questions about fitment with oil pans and pickups.

I'm considering a Milodon 30755 pan. I understand these pans have an "internal baffle". Did an OEM have an internal baffle like the Milodon has? So that raises the question.... will this internal baffle in the Milodon tray interfere with the stock windage tray? I doubt it, but just wanna throw the question out there.

As far as the pickup goes.... I understand that if I use a stock oil pickup, it will interfere with the internal baffle of the Milodon oil pan. So, if I run the Milodon 18650 pickup (which is recommended for this pan); will that Milodon pickup work with the stock windage tray.

Thanks for the input all. Hope you're having a great Sunday.

All I got is this:

I bought one of Miloden's low end "oem replacement" pans and it won't even clear a high volume oil pump. So I would not count to much on them fitting over other little "details."

Yes the windage tray will clear the pan and the milodon pickup using the standard pump.
No the stock small block never came with a baffel.

I just looked that pan up on Summits site and , wow , that seems like a lot of money for a stock replacement type pan. As far as pickup to baffle clearance, a die grinder/cutoff wheel would make quick work of that if there is an issue there.

-
Back