Looking for old style mopar hood scoop

-
Reaction score
The scoop was very popular at one time, simply referred to as a 'mopar scoop'. It sort of looked like the six pak scoop with a single opening, and it had a rise to it where as the six pak openings are close to the hood. It sort of ramped up towards the opening and could be had in different heights.

The scoop was very popular at one time, simply referred to as a 'mopar scoop'. It sort of looked like the six pak scoop with a single opening, and it had a rise to it where as the six pak openings are close to the hood. It sort of ramped up towards the opening and could be had in different heights.
Hemi scoop?

Attachments

• imagesCA91MDZB.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 2,318
This one? Legendary carries an ABS one. Mine is a 5in

Yes Kegan B, that is the one, but i remember them being wider maybe?
What was it's proper name?
Thank you!

Mopar Pro Stock Mini Hood Scoop. The repops are 28.5" L x 19.5" W x 3.5" H.

Legendary part number is MA2451 84.99 each.

Keegan B's hood scoop is known as the 1970/1971 era Sox & Martin pro stock hood scoop, I have two, they came in several sizes. I have one that is the largest and tallest offered and one that is about 3/4 of that size (smaller). I may sell the smaller one,it is used and has been mounted and removed from a 70 Duster hood, if you are interested in buying and would like some photos let me know.

Keegan B's hood scoop is known as the 1970/1971 era Sox & Martin pro stock hood scoop, I have two, they came in several sizes. I have one that is the largest and tallest offered and one that is about 3/4 of that size (smaller). I may sell the smaller one,it is used and has been mounted and removed from a 70 Duster hood, if you are interested in buying and would like some photos let me know.

Yes, PM me a picture.

I've seen those referred to several times in print as Mopar scoops. Back in the day my brother bought a slant six Demon that someone had pop riveted a Mopar scoop to. It didn't look half bad, but everyone in town wanted to race when they saw it!

I've seen those referred to several times in print as Mopar scoops.
hmmm, I've never seen those referred to as a mopar scoop (and I've never in my nearly 50 years thought of them as a mopar scoop). More like a JC Whitney scoop lol.
Learn something every day I guess.

I personaly think the mopar pro stock hood scoops look best for the 73 and up plymouth hood. Mine is the same as Kegans, to bad they dont make one in a fiberglass hood.

To 95teetee -that Style of hood scoop was first seen on the Sox&Martin pro stock cars, J C whitney didnt even run a go cart,so because of their Chrysler connection is has been considered a mopar scoop since the early 70's.

LOL I always thought of those as the scoop that existed before Gary Romberg taught Chrysler about boundary layers.

Usually called the Mopar Pro Stock scoop. I have one for my `70 Duster drag car that is being done `70`s style.

-
Back